Pages: 1 ... 2375 2376 2377 [2378] 2379 2380 2381 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047574 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35655 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 06:04:34 »

Just got my delivery of heating oil in readiness for the winter.

Gone up 30% on last year! Yikes!

What winter temperatures do you get lows of around 10 degrees or less than that

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #35656 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 08:49:59 »

People ringing me at 6 am because they have not filled out their locator forms correctly. They didn't even book with me  Doh

I have spent the last 18 months trying to help as much as I can but people are starting to take the piss a bit now
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #35657 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 10:50:35 »

Small businesses with awful pricing systems.

At a shop selling prints in Camden last week, £15 for one, £25 for two, £37.50 for three. I know what they think they've done, but they've actually made the second one £10 and the third £12.50. I bought two.

Looking at a massage place near me yesterday.

30 mins - £30 - Okay.
60 minutes - £45 - Yep.
90 minutes - £75 - Fuck off.

I'm very mildly annoyed by all of this.
I've read this a couple of times and I don't understand what you find annoying.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35658 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 10:51:29 »

What winter temperatures do you get lows of around 10 degrees or less than that
Very rarely. Problem is, most houses aren’t that well insulated. It’s still low 20s atm, but inside in the evening needs a woolly pully but no heating yet. I’m still swimming in the sea so it’s not too bad!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35659 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 10:54:06 »

Very rarely. Problem is, most houses aren’t that well insulated. It’s still low 20s atm, but inside in the evening needs a woolly pully but no heating yet. I’m still swimming in the sea so it’s not too bad!

It sounds like a lovely place to live with especially now the UK temperatures are starting to drop quickly and heating is now needed in the evenings

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35660 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 11:13:14 »

We’re half thinking about returning to the UK in a couple of years.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35661 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 11:15:44 »

Lifestyle not quite what you were expecting it to be mate? or too much red tape for stuff?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35662 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 11:19:54 »

Not really. Although we’re both covered by the Greek health system I don’t fancy getting ill over here and I don’t want to wait until I am ill if you know what I mean.

We’ve eaten up a load of our savings living here so there’s a tipping point when, even if we wanted to, we couldn’t afford to move back.

Things might change in the interim, but that’s the current plan.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35663 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 11:20:03 »

When was the last time you came back to the UK as you may be surprised how busy the roads are and how built up everything has become with houses going up everywhere.

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35664 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 11:21:17 »

Haven’t been back since we moved. Planning to get a couple of games in in March - Sutton and Crawley.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35665 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 11:28:00 »

Can still be cold in March Soapy Tit Wank

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35666 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 12:24:41 »

We've got in-laws who have been staying with us over the weekend and my brother decided to buy a Sunday paper, it just happened to be the Sunday Mail. I don't buy newspapers as a rule but decided to have a look at the sports pages etc and then flick through the actual paper itself.

I was surprised at the lack of actual news in such a thick paper. Almost every page was some opinion piece by someone or other, usually moaning about 'woke' or 'wokeness'. I got as far as Piers Morgan's diary which involved 7 days of moaning about something or other before I gave up.

This isn't an attack on the Daily Mail per se, as I'm sure whatever paper had been bought would have contained the same opinion pieces, but I just found it odd the actual lack of news reported. I didn't agree with a lot of what was written which probably didn't help but I did find it strange how each of the writers seemed to basically be moaning about the same thing. I can't stand the phrase 'woke' anyway so I was always onto a loser!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35667 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 13:03:20 »

I used to be able to read the Sunday Times, even when I was proper working class.  It had a bit of a right lean, but always seemed to be a sensible argument rather than just telling me I was wrong.  Most press and the USA TV over here have abandoned any desire to be anything other than opinion mouthpieces these days.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35668 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 14:17:31 »

Which is why I skim the headlines on the ‘online’ newspapers without reading the article, it would raise my blood pressure and give me a heart attack if I did. What is more the online versions of the dailies change their headlines every hour which only reinforces the view that the ‘news’ is of limited value and more about club bait headlines to screw their advertisers.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35669 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 11:24:10 »

How is the word 'gif' actually pronounced. I assumed it was with a hard g, but doing some online training at work, the Americans that are on the videos are pronouncing it as if it is 'jif'. Is there an actual answer or just one of those things that you can pronounce as you see fit?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 2375 2376 2377 [2378] 2379 2380 2381 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: