Pages: 1 ... 2360 2361 2362 [2363] 2364 2365 2366 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047328 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #35430 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 11:15:58 »

And to sign off on a more positive note before I get some work done, there is hope that something might get done:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58549373

And I know there's no evidence that XR contributed to this, but it's also not a stretch to think that they might have done.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #35431 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 11:45:04 »

Population and 'progress' are the key problem, yet nothing will get done about it. So yes, we are fucked, just a matter of when.

Progress has been an issue, but could also be a part of the solution.

Population is the real issue, more & more people using up the planets resources.

I saw a table highlighting the best way to reduce your carbon footprint, and by far & away the best thing that people could do was to have one less child.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35432 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 11:52:49 »

Quote from: Posh Red
the best thing that people could do was to have one less child.

it's going to be a very tense scissors, paper stone for the kids later ..
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #35433 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 12:07:19 »

a hearty laugh from me there. chapeau

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #35434 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 12:12:56 »

Just sell one of them to medical science, win-win outcome for you Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35435 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 12:19:17 »

And to sign off on a more positive note before I get some work done, there is hope that something might get done:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58549373

And I know there's no evidence that XR contributed to this, but it's also not a stretch to think that they might have done.

No wonder the young are worried, they will have to deal with the shite hand we have (and continue to) dealt them. For me its why the 'its fucked mate, no point doing anything about it' argument doesn't add up for me, its basically implying indifference to what affects your successors.

Progress has been an issue, but could also be a part of the solution.

But what is 'progress', the 1st world royally fucked up the planet for about 200 years (building the foundations for where the climate and environment is now) and now when they have the means to afford to do things are saying 'nothing to do with us mate, its them third world countries you need to talk to' in addition to which we have basically offshored much of the most polluting and damaging processes off to the third world as their labour costs are cheaper.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35436 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 12:20:46 »

Make it fairer, I would just do a raffle, or maybe for more peril a kind of Hunger Games angle.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #35437 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 12:51:15 »

I didn't say otherwise, did I?

I'm sure that many will be branded as assholes and ignored. I'm not exactly keen on them myself. What I am addressing is the notion that it 'doesn't help the cause' which suggests that it's bad for the cause.

If they are being ignored - by people who were going to ignore them anyway - then it makes no difference to 'the cause'. In the meantime, it does get plenty of attention.

It's just an excuse by most people (not all) to carry on as they were regardless. How many people are going to suddenly start paying attention if protestors took the more 'reasonable' approach? We've been trying that since the 60s.
So, every time we disagree with something the n it's ok to go and block a motorway ??, Don't think you'd be so tolerant had you been one of the thousands help up by their protests, especially as most people were obviously travelling to appointments etc. People dont just travel around the M25 for fun.  Give a thought to those inconvenienced , not those who treated this as  a fun day out rather than go to work.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35438 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 12:52:08 »

Exactly, people with hospital appointments etc
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35439 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 12:57:00 »

Damn hippies! National Service will sort them out!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #35440 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 13:06:38 »

My sentiments exactly !!

Flashheart

« Reply #35441 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 13:15:46 »

So, every time we disagree with something the n it's ok to go and block a motorway ??, Don't think you'd be so tolerant had you been one of the thousands help up by their protests, especially as most people were obviously travelling to appointments etc. People dont just travel around the M25 for fun.  Give a thought to those inconvenienced , not those who treated this as  a fun day out rather than go to work.

Where did I say it is OK? I have said on more than one occasion that I'm no fan of theirs. Did you choose to just ignore that?

If you're not going to respond to what I actually said, then why even bother? Nothing in your response comes even close.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35442 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 13:19:18 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

we should get a police force to do their job rather than worry about PR
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35443 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 13:22:34 »

Bloody hell this page gets ever more like BTL in the Daily Mail.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #35444 on: Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 13:28:25 »

Where did I say it is OK? I have said on more than one occasion that I'm no fan of theirs. Did you choose to just ignore that?

If you're not going to respond to what I actually said, then why even bother? Nothing in your response comes even close.
Did I say YOU said it was ok ??.
Your comment was

'I don't really agree with people blocking roads etc, but it's drawing attention to a problem FAR more important. Things are starting to happen just as they were predicted to, but people would still rather moan about roads being blocked.'

Seems to me as you are implying that this the case.  Rightly so, people have every right to moan about unnecessary blockages of major roads.
 Probably of no inconvenience to you as you do not use the M25 on a daily basis.  Maybe it would alter your option somewhat if you did.

Pages: 1 ... 2360 2361 2362 [2363] 2364 2365 2366 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: