Pages: 1 ... 2624 2625 2626 [2627] 2628 2629 2630 ... 2666   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5315097 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39390 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 13:40:39 »

a 24 minute live feed! It looked a little bit like the protest in the Father Ted episode.

Oh come on this is proper stuff.....

6:52pm

Protestor breaks spoon

One demonstrator has been smacking a wooden spoon so hard against a pan, it’s snapped in half.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39391 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 13:53:16 »

Protestor breaks spoon

One demonstrator has been smacking a wooden spoon so hard against a pan, it’s snapped in half.

A brushing crow for that protestor.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39392 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 16:30:11 »

a 24 minute live feed! It looked a little bit like the protest in the Father Ted episode.

Down with this sort of thing.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39393 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 09:04:13 »

Huh? Huh? Huh?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1830931/woman-married-rag-doll-ultrasound-puppet-kid?fbclid=IwAR1nwzeFbLgvqh33ttFafmkdR-GmCRtgAiMoGP6hWcZR080VuaObeqJn31Q
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #39394 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 09:57:12 »

Protestor breaks spoon

That has really cheered me up. I laughed at the video so much more than I really should have!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #39395 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:50:04 »

I think there might be some sort of hibernation of insects somewhere in our house. Yesterday we lit the wood burner for the first time this winter and a couple of ladybirds were flying about the room and even more bizarrely, an absolutely massive wasp was wandering about our shower upstairs. I didn't mind the ladybirds but the wasp felt the brunt of the hardback John Peel book that was handy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39396 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:07:49 »

Christ, the news is a fucking hard watch.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39397 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 09:58:42 »

Think my iPTV service has been blown.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #39398 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:40:24 »

I've started doing some volunteering locally and I took some shopping around to a disabled 85 year old man. After I put the shopping away we were chatting and he was telling me he got scammed by someone claiming he'd won £250 on the lottery. Luckily after he gave his bank details he twigged what was going on and luckily got it stopped at his bank. He's pretty savvy and was saying that he regularly gets scam calls and often likes to play along with them for a while before shouting 'cheerio scammer'.

I'm glad he never lost out but the people targeting these vulnerable people should be absolutely ashamed.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #39399 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:48:47 »

I've started doing some volunteering locally and I took some shopping around to a disabled 85 year old man. After I put the shopping away we were chatting and he was telling me he got scammed by someone claiming he'd won £250 on the lottery. Luckily after he gave his bank details he twigged what was going on and luckily got it stopped at his bank. He's pretty savvy and was saying that he regularly gets scam calls and often likes to play along with them for a while before shouting 'cheerio scammer'.

I'm glad he never lost out but the people targeting these vulnerable people should be absolutely ashamed.

My mum (who is a widow and lives on her own) gets multiple calls a day warning her about issues with her PC/Internet - the only PC in her house hasn't been turned on since my Dad died a couple of years ago.

These people are absolute scum.

The latest one I heard this morning was scammers stealing bank details from one, and address details from another, ordering a new phone with the stolen bank details and having it delivered to the stolen address details, and then turning up at the address in full DPD getup saying that it was delivered by mistake and then selling the phone/item.

They are getting very clever with things, and praying on the elderly is horrible.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #39400 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:56:58 »

Jim Browning is a good insight into how these things work, plus you usually get the payoff at the end of the video that they're shut down or refunds given

https://www.youtube.com/@JimBrowning

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #39401 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:02:47 »

My mum (who is a widow and lives on her own) gets multiple calls a day warning her about issues with her PC/Internet - the only PC in her house hasn't been turned on since my Dad died a couple of years ago.

These people are absolute scum.

The latest one I heard this morning was scammers stealing bank details from one, and address details from another, ordering a new phone with the stolen bank details and having it delivered to the stolen address details, and then turning up at the address in full DPD getup saying that it was delivered by mistake and then selling the phone/item.

They are getting very clever with things, and praying on the elderly is horrible.

Yeah Len had something similar as he mentioned he had a call telling him to turn his PC - again he knew it was a scam so told them to go whistle. It's absolutely horrendous how heartless these people are

Jim Browning is a good insight into how these things work, plus you usually get the payoff at the end of the video that they're shut down or refunds given

https://www.youtube.com/@JimBrowning

During/after the Covid period I got into watching quite a lot of scammer videos on Youtube and came across Jim Browning. He actually appears on quite a few BBC things, scam interceptors and another documentary about some relatively well known guy (ironically I've forgotten his name) who keeps getting his online pictures and videos cloned to be used in scams. Jim is class.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #39402 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:10:06 »

I can't believe these fuckers are still trying it on, especially the "I'm from Microsoft" wankers. Surely everybody knows the score with that one,but I still get them on a regular basis. Perhaps they just target pensioners

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39403 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 20:34:53 »

I can't believe these fuckers are still trying it on, especially the "I'm from Microsoft" wankers. Surely everybody knows the score with that one,but I still get them on a regular basis. Perhaps they just target pensioners

Or the Amzon.

The cunts that do it n person aswell are the absolute dregs of society
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39404 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 21:34:31 »

I had a call from an Indian call centre, can’t remember which scam it was may well have been the o2 one, and when I challenged the lady on the other end that it was a scam, she said “I’m sorry, I’m just doing my job” & hung up
Pages: 1 ... 2624 2625 2626 [2627] 2628 2629 2630 ... 2666   Go Up
Print
Jump to: