Pages: 1 ... 2502 2503 2504 [2505] 2506 2507 2508 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5068276 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #37560 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 01:35:49 »

On the flip side there are employees who work the system the other way. Where I work the owners have had this recently. So while two wrongs don’t make a right there are shysters on both sides of the coin. It could be argued that the more ‘rights’s’ employees have the more creative employers need to be to manage them ergo the more tax laws a government introduce the more creative accountants become to avoid extra taxation.

Every action has a reaction.

One might argue that if employees were paid well, decent enough wages, working conditions/environment and packages suchlike, that there wouldn't be such a temptation for the average guy on the street to "work the system".

Of course, there will always be an element of people who will be greedy fucking capitalist current Tory government type of i'm alright jack twats regardless, much like there will always be people who follow every single thing to the letter but in general the UK can and should be better at remuneration. Many nations in your fond friend the EU, pay better wages and have better working conditions. So much so, many people (even in higher paid/bigger responsibility roles) seek nations new to elevate their career and lifestyle.

In fact, economy growth is set to be the slowest out of all the G20 (except Russia) but hey at least we have a fucking blue passport now!

Oh and yeah. You're still a bit of a cunt*  Wink

Some sources for you:

Regarding shite economy for a so called world power
https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-of-the-day/2022/07/wages-fallen-behind-european-rivals

Regarding inflation at 11% (which it hit that level in October in the UK)
https://www.rateinflation.com/inflation-rate/uk-inflation-rate/

*Ahh fuck it, I forget you have me on mute/ignore  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37561 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 09:52:49 »

The U S of A - a Bin Fire, waiting to explode

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64421704

It's staggering that the Police haven't learned lessons from George Floyd. Obviously we don't know the full story here, but for a guy to be killed after a traffic stop seems way overboard.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #37562 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 11:53:11 »

The U S of A - a Bin Fire, waiting to explode

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64421704

It's staggering that the Police haven't learned lessons from George Floyd. Obviously we don't know the full story here, but for a guy to be killed after a traffic stop seems way overboard.

I'm not sure this really fits the theme of the thread tbh. Being neither transfer vial of mildly annoying.

I watched an episode of Comedians in Cars getting Coffee lag night where Jerry Seinfield  gets a little over excited in a Lambo (I think) and gets pulled for speeding. Trivial shit, but his guest is Chris Rock, who seems genuinely terrified. To see this world famous multi millionaire giving his white friend precise instructions on how to behave was sickening. Jerry suddenly seemed to get it and was very respectful and apologetic, he even calls this cop, who's a good 20 yrs his junior, sir at one point. Rock site there silent and motionless throughout.

After it Chris Rock admits that without US in the car he would have been even more scared. Imagine living like that all the fucking time.

..never go back.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #37563 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:38:45 »

I usually buy spreadable 'butter' but given the cost went for the traditional block. Even though its left out of the fridge whenever I try and spread it on toast I just rip the fucking thing apart and it ends up a huge mess. Guessing my technique is all to pot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37564 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:52:24 »

I usually buy spreadable 'butter' but given the cost went for the traditional block. Even though its left out of the fridge whenever I try and spread it on toast I just rip the fucking thing apart and it ends up a huge mess. Guessing my technique is all to pot.

Cut a small piece off the block and microwave for a few seconds 😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #37565 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:55:19 »

Cut a small piece off the block and microwave for a few seconds 😀

Good idea but we don't have a microwave! Could melt in a pot I guess but that's a lot of faff.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37566 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:57:19 »

Good idea but we don't have a microwave! Could melt in a pot I guess but that's a lot of faff.

We had noticed that butter prices were extortionate so now have the plastic molecule cheaper versions😀

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #37567 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 14:06:48 »

We had noticed that butter prices were extortionate so now have the plastic molecule cheaper versions😀
You and probably thousands of others !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37568 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 14:25:07 »

Always a winter problem. Assuming you have two pieces of toast, cut a bit of butter off the block, pop it between the two slices, one on top of the other, leave it for a minute and it'll melt nicely.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #37569 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 14:53:47 »

Always a winter problem. Assuming you have two pieces of toast, cut a bit of butter off the block, pop it between the two slices, one on top of the other, leave it for a minute and it'll melt nicely.

That's a neat trick Nemo, I'll be trying that.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37570 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 15:16:32 »

That's a neat trick Nemo, I'll be trying that.

You could try turning the heating up or perhaps putting the butter dish in the airing cupboard or near/over a radiator?
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 17:49:35 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #37571 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 17:25:00 »

@Gareth

Yeah as Nemo and LL have stated, a combo of either put your knob of butter (careful) straight onto the hot toast AND warm your butter dish, much like you would warm plates before serving food. People used to do this on an AGA/Rayburn/Stove and the butter was always nice and soft.

Too bad I can't afford an AGA  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #37572 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 15:46:15 »

The sale of chicken balti pies disappearing as quickly as they appeared in the DR stand. I may have to submit a question for the advisory board..
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #37573 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 15:47:29 »

Card machines went down for most of half time Saturday. Bad time for that to happen, club must have missed out on a fair whack.

Managed to get a sausage roll before second half started though. Wasn't bad.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #37574 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 15:47:59 »

The sale of chicken balti pies disappearing as quickly as they appeared in the DR stand. I may have to submit a question for the advisory board..

While you are at it you could ask why it takes so long for the club to make official announcements. I'm sure that would put a lot of minds at ease!

Pages: 1 ... 2502 2503 2504 [2505] 2506 2507 2508 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: