Pages: 1 ... 2446 2447 2448 [2449] 2450 2451 2452 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5082931 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36720 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 19:47:35 »

I didn't either

Direct Messages feature read receipts so you know when people have seen your messages. When someone sends you a Direct Message and your Show read receipts setting is enabled, everyone in the conversation will know when you've seen it.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36721 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 20:08:19 »

I get that context.

not the context of a normal tweet, which was the case here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36722 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 20:21:23 »

Neither do I so we best leave Twitter alone😀

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36723 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 21:03:35 »

people who advertise "Walsall tickets available" on Facebook then disappear.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36724 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 08:35:08 »

People who don't know how to take receipts properly on Twitter  Bye

On a similar vein although it make me laugh rather than irritate me, people who you send messages to on Messenger or WhatsApp who take bloody days to answer and then start with 'sorry I didn't see your message' despite the app telling you when they read it normally within seconds of you sending it - also see people who you know have their phone permanently attached to their hand doing likewise with text messages!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36725 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 08:55:19 »

On a similar vein although it make me laugh rather than irritate me, people who you send messages to on Messenger or WhatsApp who take bloody days to answer and then start with 'sorry I didn't see your message' despite the app telling you when they read it normally within seconds of you sending it - also see people who you know have their phone permanently attached to their hand doing likewise with text messages!

Ha, I do that quite a lot. I suppose it's better/more polite to say that than 'sorry I couldn't be arsed replying to you before but I've loads of time on my hands now/I am piss bored at the moment..........'

Don't want to be too presumptuous Horlock, but perhaps you aren't as popular as you think, or perhaps you are one of these people that bombards people with hundreds of messages?   Hmmm Grin

On that note, people in group Watsapp chats that bombard it with all sorts of crap, usually the vast majority just shit unfunny stuff. Often less is more.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36726 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 09:06:15 »

Ha, I do that quite a lot. I suppose it's better/more polite to say that than 'sorry I couldn't be arsed replying to you before but I've loads of time on my hands now/I am piss bored at the moment..........'

Oh I do it all the time, normally starting the reply with 'Yeah I know I am fucking useless at replying...'!!  Wink

Don't want to be too presumptuous Horlock, but perhaps you aren't as popular as you think, or perhaps you are one of these people that bombards people with hundreds of messages?   Hmmm Grin

Quite possibly the former definitely not the latter I am not a big communicator!  Cheesy

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36727 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 09:14:22 »

Oh I do it all the time, normally starting the reply with 'Yeah I know I am fucking useless at replying...'!!  Wink

Quite possibly the former definitely not the latter I am not a big communicator!  Cheesy

Yeah I hear ya! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36728 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 09:50:33 »

Yeah, especially that knob that just posts links to BBC articles all the time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61304001
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36729 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 10:38:15 »

Those stickers they put on apples. Wtf!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #36730 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 14:20:42 »

Those stickers they put on apples. Wtf!

I'd worry more about the wax they put on them to make the apples look more shiny
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #36731 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 15:29:08 »

I'd worry more about the wax they put on them to make the apples look more shiny

That's not as bad as is made out:

https://fullfact.org/online/shocking-food-facts/
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/you-asked/why-do-they-spray-wax-apples-0

As far as the wax itself goes, it presents no health issue since it is not absorbed and passes right through the digestive system. Wax coatings can also be used on organic produce with the proviso that they must come from a natural source like beeswax or Carnauba wax or wood resin. While there is no worry about eating the wax on fruits, they should be well washed mostly to remove bacteria that may have stuck to the surface.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36732 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 16:07:09 »

Well thank fuck food is not irradiated like what was proposed a few decades ago.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #36733 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 16:55:49 »

Not convinced, I just peel apples if I eat them
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #36734 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 17:17:30 »

https://www.wiltshire999s.co.uk/jason-ranford-charged-with-serious-assault-on-wife-over-bank-holiday-weekend/

Quite how this sub-human piece of dirt keeps getting let out is beyond me. Steals fundraising money, puts glasses in people’s faces, got about 100 driving convictions, convicted fraudster, and now wife beater. Just vile
Pages: 1 ... 2446 2447 2448 [2449] 2450 2451 2452 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: