Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No National Anthem at Championship Play-Off Final  (Read 5516 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 06:48:04 »

The sheep are alright over there though....

Wise men say........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 07:47:33 »

what you have to understand is wales as a country has an inferiority.

its small man syndrome but for an entire nation.

individually I've found most welsh people to be top notch mind.
Sussex

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 07:53:14 »

Tenby's nice.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 07:59:40 »

It always surprised me the amount of people in West Wiltshire claim to be Welsh, particulary during the Six Nations!

For example, I've known more than one person who are England football fans but are Wales rugby supporters. Only in Britain eh!
Doore

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 08:59:48 »

If I did, I'd hear far more squealing from Scotland, Wales and Norn Iron than from England because such a team would be 90% English - it'd be "England plus add-ons" or more likely "England plus whichever player happened to be that four-year cycle's Giggs". And they know it, as they tacitly admit with the farcical recruitment of manifestly English players who's grandmother once went on a daytrip to LllllfffeaedaegeegUnpronouncableShitHole. Hence my point.

The point about the players is obviously true, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of England fans would be very against any sort of merger to a UK National Football Team - due to the anti-Welsh (and anti-Scottish) sentiments expressed in this thread.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:01:18 »

Tenby's nice.

Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:15:27 »

individually I've found most welsh people to be top notch mind.

Absolutely. And let's face it, we live in an enlightened society. Their sexual preferences are entirely their business Love Letter Shaun
Spencer_White

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:30:30 »

I think when you have the showpiece occasions, that are a bit like a cup final for both teams, then you should have the national anthem.

Cardiff should be treated the same as any other football league club.

That said, I do like them in the football league because they add some extra interest down at our level.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:32:47 »

the national anthem is a load of shit.fuck the queen and fuck the welsh
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 18:53:29 »

fuck the queen and fuck the welsh
No thanks on both counts
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 19:00:48 »

the national anthem is a load of shit.fuck the queen and fuck the welsh
Seconded. The Welsh are getting as bad as the Jocks.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 19:14:04 »

The point about the players is obviously true, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of England fans would be very against any sort of merger to a UK National Football Team - due to the anti-Welsh (and anti-Scottish) sentiments expressed in this thread.

A UK team is never going to happen. Sepp Blatter might be a twat but even he isn't stupid enough to involve himself and FIFA in the politics of it. As if it did happen it could very easily sway the balance of opinion in Scotland towards full independence and fuck only knows what the fallout could be in Northern Ireland. Plus it would be counter productive as if it did speed up the break up of the UK then we'd be back to square one with four teams again.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 20:28:05 »

A UK team ... could very easily sway the balance of opinion in Scotland towards full independence and fuck only knows what the fallout could be in Northern Ireland. Plus it would be counter productive as if it did speed up the break up of the UK then we'd be back to square one with four teams again.
Ha ha ha, superb. I've missed you jonny. You should have your own show - "The jonny Report". Like The Day Today, but more intense
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 20:31:23 »

I don't think it's any exageration to say that a UK football team would be worse than a thousand Hiroshimas.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: