Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No National Anthem at Championship Play-Off Final  (Read 5559 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:16:10 »

Come on Blackpool, do 'em  Evil
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 17:21:27 »

Come on Blackpool, do 'em  Evil
Agreed. I've got my tickets in the Blackpool end, courtesy of my father! Proper day-tripper me!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 17:49:05 »

who gives a shit about the national anthem?
it aint an international game

That was my reaction until I saw the reason for it. If Cardiff don't like it, fuck 'em off to the league of Wales.

As Paul said though, it's in the Daily Excess so its probably, make that almost certainly bollocks
Doore

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 22:29:47 »

The anti-Wales brigade on this forum amazes me sometimes.  Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham have been part of the football league (and conference) for a very long time.  At the moment, two of those are doing very well.  Fair play to them.

On the one hand, people argue "Wales isn't a country" and on the other argue "you're playing in the wrong country".  I think the football league is all the better for Cardiff and Swansea being in there.

Oh, and as for the music before the game - if decisions about this upset you, you're focus on the day is in the wrong place.  It really, really doesn't matter.  International football is a great case in point - I always want England to win, but as for the national anthem - as far as I'm concerned the Queen can fuck off.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 22:32:19 »

if decisions about this upset you, you're focus on the day is in the wrong place
*your
Doore

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 22:34:37 »

*your

Well played. 
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 22:35:47 »

I think the football league is all the better for Cardiff and Swansea being in there.
If we get promoted I hope you're saying the same thing after the games against Cardiff. complete fucking nut jobs who have no problems attacking woemen, kids etc. Swansea are marginally better. Wrexham are no marks. I'd rather they all fucked off and then the Welsh could all shit on each other instead of exporting it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 22:40:35 »

Oh, and as for the music before the game - if decisions about this upset you, you're focus on the day is in the wrong place. 

I'm not upset about it, just because I post something doesn't mean I'm upset about it (unless it's about us playing in white at Wembley.....Aaaaaaah! I've started again Crash  Crash Crash Crash)

Any way, the Blodywns lost so HAH! to them.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 23:05:44 »

As stupid as it sounds... Watching the highlights of this game has made it dawn on me how big our game is.

Cannot wait for next Saturday to arrive.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 23:08:53 »

As stupid as it sounds... Watching the highlights of this game has made it dawn on me how big our game is.

Cannot wait for next Saturday to arrive.

Haha I'm exactly the same!

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 23:21:58 »

The anti-Wales brigade on this forum amazes me sometimes.  Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham have been part of the football league (and conference) for a very long time.  At the moment, two of those are doing very well.  Fair play to them.

On the one hand, people argue "Wales isn't a country" and on the other argue "you're playing in the wrong country".  I think the football league is all the better for Cardiff and Swansea being in there.
On reflection, you'd have a better point if:

1) Both Cardiff and Swansea fans didn't make such a huge point of how much they hate the English. Fine. If you hate us so much, fuck off back to your own league, we won't miss you
2) You'd made your point around FAs/"national" teams, not geopolitical boundaries. But, of course, you can't. They may or may not be a separate country/principality/leaching wart on the arse of England, but they do insist on having a separate "national" FA so they can have a separate "national" team so they can fail to qualify for international tournaments separately from us. All the Cardiff/Swansea "We hate England" crew would go fucking mental if their "national" team was merged into an cricket-style "England and Wales" team or even a Great Britain team. Same goes for talk of the Celtic/Rangers joining the English league system. You want to keep your own "national" team, great. But follow through the logic and play in your own league.
3) They'd actually evolved at all
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 23:25:05 by pauld » Logged
Doore

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 23:30:01 »

On reflection, you'd have a better point if:

1) Both Cardiff and Swansea fans didn't make such a huge point of how much they hate the English. Fine. If you hate us so much, fuck off back to your own league, we won't miss you
2) You'd made your point around FAs/"national" teams, not geopolitical boundaries. But, of course, you can't. They may or may not be a separate country/principality/leaching wart on the arse of England, but they do insist on having a separate "national" FA so they can have a separate "national" FA so they can fail to qualify for international tournaments separately from us. All the Cardiff/Swansea "We hate England" crew would go fucking mental if their "national" team was merged into an cricket-style "England and Wales" team or even a Great Britain team. Same goes for talk of the Celtic/Rangers joining the English league system. You want to keep your own "national" team, great. But follow through the logic and play in your own league.
3) They'd actually evolved at all

If you go down the route of point 2 though, you could argue that England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are living a false existence, and there should be one UK National Football Team.  Try selling that one.

I do see where you are coming from, although regarding point 1, surely the fans are playing on their identity, the "what makes us different", to make an atmosphere - I don't think they actually want to leave the system.  Its all part of the fun.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 23:42:54 »

If you go down the route of point 2 though, you could argue that England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are living a false existence, and there should be one UK National Football Team.  Try selling that one.
If I did, I'd hear far more squealing from Scotland, Wales and Norn Iron than from England because such a team would be 90% English - it'd be "England plus add-ons" or more likely "England plus whichever player happened to be that four-year cycle's Giggs". And they know it, as they tacitly admit with the farcical recruitment of manifestly English players who's grandmother once went on a daytrip to LllllfffeaedaegeegUnpronouncableShitHole. Hence my point.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 23:44:41 »

Oh, and as for the music before the game - if decisions about this upset you, you're focus on the day is in the wrong place.  It really, really doesn't matter.  International football is a great case in point - I always want England to win, but as for the national anthem - as far as I'm concerned the Queen can fuck off.

Don't you live in Wales now?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 00:01:17 »

And they know it, as they tacitly admit with the farcical recruitment of manifestly English players who's grandmother once went on a daytrip to LllllfffeaedaegeegUnpronouncableShitHole. Hence my point.

The latest being one Hal Robson-Kanu.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: