Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bath Cricket Festival  (Read 3152 times)
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, June 11, 2005, 22:07:43 »

its somerset, we always stuff up Soapy Tit Wank david graveney though today said that Caddick might still have a international carrer..... Shocked
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 12, 2005, 20:53:15 »

Just got back. Someset fielding is utter shite. Robert Key fielding is shite. Kent batting was ace. Somerset batters started well but fumble it. But the game was alright.
Got a few pictures to post up tomorrow.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 12, 2005, 22:49:47 »

I don't think I've ever been so depressed about Somerset cricket....when I first started  supporting in the 60's despite never achieving much, the side seemed to have interesting characters......Bill Alley, Mervin Kitchen, Fred Rumsey...then got in Tom Cartwright.   Brian Langford had the legendary analysis for a 40 over match of 8 overs 8 maidens 0 for 0....then the 70's and 80's saw the golden period of Botham, Vic Marks, Dasher Denning, Hallam Moseley, Brian Rose , Sir Viv and Joel. I'll not mention the bottom beating piece of filth from O*frod.

The 90's saw the emergence of Caddick though Lathwell was a sort of Joey Beauchamp....Graham Rose was an entertainer and Rob Turner should have played for Engalnd as leading run scorer one year...overseas players were generally decent still with the likes of Mustaq giving good service and Jimmy Cook a legend.

There were still characters about like Andre Van Troost the huge wide spraying Dutchman, and the 2000's started well with the Tresco coming through and Richard Johnson doing the biz, Blackwell made progress as well.

But now, utter utter crap......think the solution is to get Reeve off the coke and get him rehabilitated as coach.....sadly Vic Marks has to go along with Anderson as chief exec.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: