Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton A  (Read 3968 times)
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 21:50:09 »

I enjoy evening games better to be honest. Also did you watch 'udders v 'wall? Yeah... it was shit, no atmosphere and plenty of empty seats so i'm happy with both being on an evening...

Although i do see where you are coming from
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 22:09:13 »

I'm with arriba on the what does it matter front.  Taking around 3000 on a Monday for us is pretty good anyway, about 40% of our average home attendance (our own fans) I would imagine.  Certainly compares well to previous play off campaigns, even when in a higher division.

One thing is for sure, I'm not going to walk around dying of embarrasment because of it.  I support a team who have probably only managed to break a five figure average home attendance two or three times in the past 30 years.  If numbers attending game was causing me sleepless nights, I'd be a bloody insomniac.

I won't be there, even the credit card won't stretch currently, and when we do go through, I'll have to budget for keeping a wife and kids happy as well as going to the final.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 22:17:22 »

Slight difference in distance and time!

Not selling out our away allocation is piss poor, no two ways about.

We took 6k to Fulham for fuck sake.

On a saturday, a lot of people can't get time off for tomorrow. I hope we get rid of the rest tomorrow morning
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 22:46:00 »

The matches being shown on TV make a difference as well.  When we were in the play-offs back in the 1990's for the Premier League, the options were to either be at the match or listen to it on the radio - not much of a contest?  I don't even think the final in 1990 was shown live?  I know a fair few people who have told me that had it not been on sky, they would have gone!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: