Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trains To Charlton  (Read 8744 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 15:07:50 »

Very true. and if enough Town fans get back to Didcot its what 10-15 quid to get back to Swindon each if you share a taxi or whatever with other fans so not end of the world.
Not true Gaz, I've been to Didcot and it's definitely the end of the world Smiley
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 15:23:19 »

Not true Gaz, I've been to Didcot and it's definitely the end of the world Smiley

shhhhhh......  don't ruin the surprise!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 18:43:17 »

You would hope common sense prevails and extra trains will be put on. I've been to events at Crystal Palace for athletics and extra trains are usually available. Don't think they will be worrying too much about checking tickets for cheap singles other than at Paddington as in London you will just need to get through the barriers.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 19:09:50 »

You would hope common sense prevails and extra trains will be put on. I've been to events at Crystal Palace for athletics and extra trains are usually available. Don't think they will be worrying too much about checking tickets for cheap singles other than at Paddington as in London you will just need to get through the barriers.

Called First Great Western Customer Services to ask they said, "they had a couple people call earlier but there are no plans to add extra trains because it's not a major event like the rugby or FA Cup" 

Their head office is 01793499400
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 19:15:31 »

You aint going to get Great Western to lay on a later train.

It shouldnt really be a problem. Its just that there needs to be a train from Charlton to Charing Cross around 22.35/22.40 time.

If you want to pester anyone it should be the company that runs that line. It should never take 20 minutes, that little bit. But I think the problem is they have to go so slowly over the Thames on that old bridge into Charing Cross.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 19:17:37 »

Shouldn't be any problem unless it goes to extra time and as I said if a few town fans are about, get to Didcot or Reading, Or even PO*ford and get a taxi from there back to Swindon. If there are 4 Town fans about split the fare only about a tenner or £15.00 each anyway....

Below are the The Official Train Times I got when i booked to come back.... Plenty of time to get from Charing Cross to Paddington thankfully!

Return journey: 17 May 2010

departs Charlton at 22:17 travel by Train service provider Southeastern to station London Charing Cross arrives 22:43

departs London Charing Cross at 22:53 travel by London Underground to station London Paddington arrives at 23:11

departs London Paddington at 23:30 travel by Train service provider First Great Western to station Swindon (Wilts) arrives 00:44
« Last Edit: Monday, May 10, 2010, 19:19:55 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 19:38:32 »

You aint going to get Great Western to lay on a later train.

It shouldnt really be a problem. Its just that there needs to be a train from Charlton to Charing Cross around 22.35/22.40 time.

If you want to pester anyone it should be the company that runs that line. It should never take 20 minutes, that little bit. But I think the problem is they have to go so slowly over the Thames on that old bridge into Charing Cross.

That's what I meant, Southern Trains would probably lay on extra trains as you'll probably have 20-25000 Charlton fans trying to get away so would think the Met would get them to lay on extra trains from a public order to clear the Charlton area.
FNG

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 07:12:15 »

Tried to book mine last night but I couldnt book the return journey at 10.15 anyone else have this problem or trying to book today let me know if yours works. Im probably just doing something wrong.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 07:14:05 »

Im driving - fuck a train on a Monday night!

Clems Army!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 07:15:11 »

fuck a train on a Monday night!

I've never been drunk enough to do that

I come from a land down-under
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 07:22:45 »

Tried to book mine last night but I couldnt book the return journey at 10.15 anyone else have this problem or trying to book today let me know if yours works. Im probably just doing something wrong.

Go to http://www.southernrailway.com/ and try booking there. When you get to the area to select your tickets click on the box that says "Single £8.50 to £50.00" on both outbound and return legs. The fare is up to £22.00 now. You can pick your tickets up from Swindon station.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 07:50:00 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 08:47:55 »

Why? Charlton is inside the travelcard area. You can just use your underground ticket on the overline train.

Group savers split at Didcot should be £15.95 each all the way from Swindon to Charlton.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 09:03:29 »

Why? Charlton is inside the travelcard area. You can just use your underground ticket on the overline train.

Group savers split at Didcot should be £15.95 each all the way from Swindon to Charlton.

True but this is just for single fares for people with no mates like me who cannot get 3 other people to go with them! 
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 17:03:37 »

17:28 outta swindon that just about gets me there in time has been bumped up in price Sad
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 17:09:55 »

Hmm, anyone fancy clubbing together for a Group Saver on this? Don't much fancy the Coach.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: