Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Redevelopment Revealed!!!!!!  (Read 33268 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 13:05:13 »

I would vote for any political party that would guarantee the introduction of safe-standing.  It works incredibly well on  the Continent yet an emotionally-charged pressure group (Hillsborough Family Support Group) can almost single-handedly stop that from ever happening.  How is that fair?  We've moved on a fair bit since the late 80s/early 90s...

Incidentally I'm off to watch Exeter Chiefs vs Leeds Carnegie on Saturday at Sandy Park (free tickets) where I will be standing and drinking on good old fashioned terracing.  One rule for us, another for them.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 13:12:41 »

Incidentally I'm off to watch Exeter Chiefs vs Leeds Carnegie on Saturday at Sandy Park (free tickets) where I will be standing and drinking on good old fashioned terracing.  One rule for us, another for them.

There is certainly a bias against football in terms of terracing, which really needs to be addressed, especially you can watch rugby standing whilst drinking a pint.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 13:14:09 »

Yes but rugby's shit. You need beer to stop you falling asleep.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 13:16:44 »

We could really be pioneers for getting safe standing back into UK football with a model like the germans with the seated on top. That stand looks superb. Would be great for the club to consider trying to get something like this off the ground
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 13:21:25 »

Standing will never be brought back into english standing. You may aswell wish for candyfloss seats, or naked cheerleaders

Things get better but they never get good
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 13:28:28 »

You may aswell wish for candyfloss seats, or naked cheerleaders

Yes please!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 13:32:38 »

I'm not greedy, i'll take the naked cheerleaders and terracing and leave the candy floss seats. Got to be realistic
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 13:37:33 »

Standing will never be brought back into english standing. You may aswell wish for candyfloss seats, or naked cheerleaders

Or not, at least, until the number of Hillsborough survivors starts to dwindle...so not until most of us are old!

Yes but rugby's shit. You need beer to stop you falling asleep.

Take it you didn't see Chris Ashton's try vs Australia on Saturday?!  If not, force yourself to take a look.  You won't regret it.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #158 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 14:07:11 »

The try is Ok but it doesn't give me a rodg on like our second goal Saturday
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 14:15:53 »

Like I said a couple of pages back.....

[url width=540 height=415]http://chasseurdestades.com/photos/Millwall5.jpg[/url]

The upper tier is steeper to give a better view.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 14:19:14 »

Take it you didn't see Chris Ashton's try vs Australia on Saturday?!  If not, force yourself to take a look.  You won't regret it.

Got to say the Aussie comentators seem to be a bit underwhelmed by the try !!!

BAZINGA !!

Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #161 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 17:19:30 »

There is certainly a bias against football in terms of terracing, which really needs to be addressed, especially you can watch rugby standing whilst drinking a pint.

I agree, but how do Morecombe who moved to a new ground in the summer, get away with having terracing in their new ground?

Surely if you move to a new ground or have it developed then the powers that be, must insist (rightly or wrongly) that it should be all seater.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 17:32:46 »

I agree, but how do Morecombe who moved to a new ground in the summer, get away with having terracing in their new ground?

Surely if you move to a new ground or have it developed then the powers that be, must insist (rightly or wrongly) that it should be all seater.

I think the ruling is something like if you build a brand new ground and you aren't in either the Premiership or the Championship then you can have terracing. If you develop a ground, you CANNOT go from it being a seated stand to terracing.

Or something.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 17:34:58 »

Because they play in League 2. If they play in League 1 or 2 they can get away with terracing. Only the Prem and Championship have to play in all seater stadiums, or have 3 years to upgrade their stadium to all seater. That is why Scunthorpe are about to have problems, as if they remain in the Championship they will have to play in an all seater stadium from next season.

BAZINGA !!

Spencer_White

« Reply #164 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 19:39:18 »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: