Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Match Day thread  (Read 25332 times)
laufav

« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 09:23:22 »

Fair enough, maybe it's me who needs testing!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 11:36:54 »

Everything has been said, played well and Exeter kept us out!

As for the slating, Sheehan was the only player that made himself available from the back in the second half and most of our attacking play came from him.  He might not have always put the best ball in but at least he put himself up to make a difference which not everyone did on Monday. 

I thought Ward was poor, Darby was poor and Austin was poor, but the rest did their best but ended up being faced with a dogged determined Exeter side that were throwing themselves in front of everything because their lives depend on it.

IMO Douglas and especially Ferry were different class in the centre mid and were equally deserving of MOTM.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 12:05:20 »

As for the slating, Sheehan was the only player that made himself available from the back in the second half and most of our attacking play came from him.  He might not have always put the best ball in but at least he put himself up to make a difference which not everyone did on Monday. 

I thought Ward was poor, Darby was poor and Austin was poor, but the rest did their best but ended up being faced with a dogged determined Exeter side that were throwing themselves in front of everything because their lives depend on it.

IMO Douglas and especially Ferry were different class in the centre mid and were equally deserving of MOTM.

I agree 100% with this post.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 12:10:52 »

I agree with 25% of this post and that 80% is bollocks !
Barry Scott

« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 12:17:30 »

The nail that sticks its head up is the one that gets hit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 13:25:52 »

I don't agree that Sheehan was the only defender available to get the ball.

They were all available in the second half. Exeter were playing 6-4-0

Amankwaah, Greer and Sheehan had half the pitch to themselves.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 13:27:56 »

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 14:29:22 »

I disagree

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 14:29:44 »

I disagree

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 14:33:54 »

I disagree

Do you disagree with your previous disagreement ?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 14:36:43 »

No...i disagree with Daves two posts..

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 14:48:05 »

No...i disagree with Daves two posts..

I can see now why you felt it necessary...obviously Cuthbert should have been included.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 15:11:31 »

But apart from a run that Manky made just after he came on, no other defender looked to pick up the ball and attack, whether that was by running forward or trying to deliver a decent ball.  Most of the passing between the other defenders was sideways.  Especially in the last 20 minutes.

And that is nowhere near 80% bollocks, and it doesn't matter how many times you reply!  Tongue Out

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 17:34:20 »

The only reason Manks got naff all joy after that was because they seemed to stack up their left side, hence Sheehan having soooooo much space. They dropped even deeper, clearly aware of the damage JP and Manks are capable of.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: