Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vote match  (Read 5552 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 23:41:49 »

It's a bit of a fake though - all they've done is taken some policy statements from each of the parties and totted up accordingly, which assumes that a) the parties actually mean what they say in vague policy statements b) they all have equal weight. Which is patently not the case - this isn't intended to give any real idea as to how much you align with each party's core beliefs, so much as shock you into going "ooh, blimey I'm a lot more Tory/Labour/Lib Dem than I assumed" and hopefully then delve further into why that should be so.

It's a load of bollocks, in short.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 23:59:18 »

Agree. The BNP are scoring highly because of the vague immigration based questions which are of genuine concern to a lot of people. If the site was more realistic and asked do you think the dirty blacks, muslims and eastern european commies are stealing our jobs which would be a more accurate representation of the party, then we'd be getting some different results.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 00:11:03 »

It's not just the obvious stuff though - they've quite deliberately stuck in some surprisingly right-wing sounding policy statements from Labour and the converse from the Tories which skews the field to the extent as to be almost more mischief-making than a proper survey. Likewise, as CT observes, there are areas of legitimate concern to all of us, which don't necessarily translate into wanting to vote for the party that bangs the drum most loudly on those issues - I'd very much like to see a referendum on the Lisbon treaty but wouldn't dream of voting UKIP, I'm as concerned about law and order as the next man but that doesn't mean I automatically subscribe to a "hang em and flog em" agenda. Similarly, if they'd asked "Are most bankers a bunch of gobshites?" which I think a large majority would agree with these days, would they then be translating that as votes for the SWP? It's a bit toss, really.

I expect to see a "Shock poll result reveals how voters really feel" in one of the nationals shortly based on the "results".
santasdead

« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 02:44:15 »

Couldn't care less about what other people have said. The main thing to point out is that i have got  72%match with UKIP and 70% match with BNP.

So fucking what? None of the questions were about my racial beliefs. Therefore i feel that i can vote BNP without being called racist. Roll on a fully British economy and workforce.

YEAH!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 10:55:00 »

Roll on a fully British economy and workforce.

Not only racist, but also illegal.
Doore

« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 11:06:45 »

I might have missed the point of this - I thought we all knew it was a load of bollocks but did it anyway - no-one took that seriously did they?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 11:54:13 »

Couldn't care less about what other people have said. The main thing to point out is that i have got  72%match with UKIP and 70% match with BNP.

So fucking what? None of the questions were about my racial beliefs. Therefore i feel that i can vote BNP without being called racist.
Assuming of course that the 4-5 statements from the BNP out of 30 in total in that "survey" actually represent the totality of their policy platform. And that the survey is in any way a scientific indicator of how your politics are aligned as opposed to a gashed up bit of fun. And that you ignore the BNP's history, leadership, stated policies and constitution, criminal/terrorist links (and senior members). Assuming all that to be the case, then yeah you can.

But I don't think you're that stupid and you actually know full well what a vote for a party founded by Nazis, led by Nazis and largely populated by Nazis means. So you're either on a wind-up or looking to excuse doing something you know is wrong. But feel free to come back and say "Yes, I am that stupid"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 16:40:10 »

Conservative Party: 61%
UK Independence Party: 53%
Labour Party: 47%
British National Party: 45%
Liberal Democrats: 31%
Green Party: 28%
flammableBen

« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 16:54:11 »

Green Party: 79%
Liberal Democrats: 68%
Labour Party: 66%
British National Party: 34%
UK Independence Party: 33%
Conservative Party: 33%

I'm the opposite of si nearly.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 16:31:21 »

An interesting albeit short thread!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 16:33:41 »

Who was Santasdead? Is that now LL?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 16:55:21 »

Like I say...an interesting thread  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 17:19:12 »

Tosser.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 17:22:24 »

I wonder how everyone voted in the end in the general election that year. I did actually vote lib dem for the one and only time. A mistake with hindsight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 17:36:27 »

I certainly didn't vote fucking UKIP
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: