Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TV Switchover  (Read 1067 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 00:42:34 »

Ah! I have an LCD TV with built in Freeview (basically it's digital ready). I picked up the switchover booklet for the first time tonight and looked at the "how do I re-tune" bit. Hmmm. I cannot see in "set-up" any of the suggested options i.e. "first time installation", "factory reset", "full re-tune" or "default settings". Will I be playing cards for the next few years or does anyone have a suggestion?

Ta. x
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 07:09:53 »

How long have you had this TV that you are not using?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 07:37:36 »

Is the TV in the right 'mode'. i.e. is "digital TV" selected for viewing. Its possible that the options are hidden when watching from SCART/analogue though unlikely.

An idea of make and model may be helpful.

Also be aware:
 - Oxford/ridge hill transmitters doesn't switch until 2011 IIRC. Make sure you currently have HTV west as your analogue ITV which would indicate you are not pointed at Oxford

If you ARE switching:
- The Switchover will take place in stages. Firstly today the old BBC2 will vanish and the digital BBC channels will be available. Then on April 7th the rest of the analogue channels go and more digital channels will be available - requires another retune!
- At points later in 2011 and 2012 further retunes will be required (assuming mendip transmitter)-  ultimately there should be even more digital channels by 2012!

« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 07:46:13 by Batch » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: