Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds v Millwall  (Read 20744 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 21:49:16 »

Looking at the fixtures, I'd now make Millwall favourites for auto.....
Think I made this point last night (or if I didn't I meant to) on the basis of both fixtures and form. But chatting to my brother today, I managed to convince myself that actually we have better opportunities to take points off those around us and so are more in control of our own destiny and that Millwall's fantastic run just means they're due a dodgy spell whereas we've had ours. I think I might have been getting a little carried away tbh Smiley.

So with my sensible hat on, Hartlepool first, then see how we go from there.
Talk Talk

« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 22:22:46 »

I watched bits of the game last night and isn't 'Marching On Together' part of their problem as it keeps harking back to their glory days of the late 60's and early 70's. Maybe they need to come up with a new anthem and move on into a new era

'We Master Bates Together'?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 23:25:28 »

So Colchester finished 3-3 ... not a bad result for us, even if they were 2 down.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 23:27:31 »

Think I made this point last night (or if I didn't I meant to) on the basis of both fixtures and form. But chatting to my brother today, I managed to convince myself that actually we have better opportunities to take points off those around us and so are more in control of our own destiny and that Millwall's fantastic run just means they're due a dodgy spell whereas we've had ours. I think I might have been getting a little carried away tbh Smiley.

So with my sensible hat on, Hartlepool first, then see how we go from there.

Could do with Brentford doing a job on the 'Wall.
flammableBen

« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 23:36:09 »

Millwall have 5 at home, where they are formidable....and only 4 away. The reverse for us, and includes visits to Leeds, ColU and Millwall....it could be done, but atm they have to be favourites.

If we're being down to earth and realistic then I agree, but a good run and a bit of passion means that those games put the whole thing very much in our hands. As we'd need a good run and a bit of passion anyway, I can't see it as that much of a disadvantage.

Of course I'm seeing it from a very one sided point of view, us having games against teams around us. From the other teams point of view they have games against us, but I'm not used to seeing it like that.

urrr. meh. or something.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 20:06:26 »

This BBC article on Lids and their collapse over the last few months say it's down to the fact they are such a big side that it's our cup final.

Where have we heard that before :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8586871.stm

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 20:09:04 »

probably in that other thread where we all talked about it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: