Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norwich Game -  (Read 5563 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:08:16 »

Ticket office says 12-13,000. If you want a decent seat it might be worth booking a ticket but you should be able to get in paying on the day.

Oh, and obviously it goes without saying that I am massively looking forward to this! My first game at the CG since Leeds Smiley

(In my defence, I've been to quite a few away games!)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:11:50 »

Its amazing how things turn round so quickly, I thought we were out of the race for 2nd but now we're right back in it again. If we can beat Norwich and Hartlepool then there will be a very good chance that a win at Leeds will put us in 2nd, or level with someone else on points for 2nd.

Obviously its a big ask, 5 wins on the bounce, but we're in with a shot at least and I can feel the momentum building for a big run in to the end of the season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:18:07 »

Its amazing how things turn round so quickly, I thought we were out of the race for 2nd but now we're right back in it again. If we can beat Norwich and Hartlepool then there will be a very good chance that a win at Leeds will put us in 2nd, or level with someone else on points for 2nd.

Obviously its a big ask, 5 wins on the bounce, but we're in with a shot at least and I can feel the momentum building for a big run in to the end of the season.
I think the biggest thing is to not read in to what happens on Saturday too much, especially if we lose. We're going into the Norwich game on the back of a very tough night at Southampton, with a lot of players out, and they are the best team in the division. If we can get a win then great, if not then it's not the end of the world.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:19:03 »

Quite right jonny. I think Leeds are vulnerable but suspect if anyone's going to displace them it will be Millwall not us. But, who knows, a few more like last night and it's all there for us.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 13:10:49 »

I'm not holding out much hope for a win v the turkey fuckers, they've hardly lost a game since their shocking start to the season.

Having said that, neither had southampton and I didnt hold out much hope for a win there either, so what the fuck do I know?

I'm going to go nuts if we beat Norwich. Especially as theres a very real chance of Millwall taking points off Leeds on monday night.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 13:17:41 »

I'm going to go nuts if we beat Norwich. Especially as theres a very real chance of Millwall taking points off Leeds on monday night.
I'd consider that to be a very good set of results. I suppose the ideal scenario for us might be for Leeds and Millwall to draw, but if we beat Norwich then Millwall winning wouldn't be such a bad thing at all.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 13:50:08 »

As someone said to me (or possibly on here, or I might have overheard it, anyway, it's not my original thinking), What odds would you have got on Norwich and Swindon to get automatic promotion after their first games of the season ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 14:28:40 »

I'd consider that to be a very good set of results. I suppose the ideal scenario for us might be for Leeds and Millwall to draw, but if we beat Norwich then Millwall winning wouldn't be such a bad thing at all.

I'd rather Millwall won to be honest, that would pull leeds right back into the play off race. It might not be us that benefitted in the long run but it would be funny all the same.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:14:57 »

I'd rather Millwall won to be honest, that would pull leeds right back into the play off race. It might not be us that benefitted in the long run but it would be funny all the same.

We may have to forget Wembley for this year if Swansea & Cardiff meet each other in the championship PO Final - there won't be a Wembley left after their fsn;s have finished with it, and then imagine if (assuming we make 2nd) the L1 PO Final is Millwall v Leeds - I bet Wembley are dreading this but the old bill are looking forward to the overtime
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:28:15 »

Ours would be before theirs though wouldn't it?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:29:48 »

Nope, Championship final is first this year.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:31:39 »

Weird.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:34:09 »

Probably due to the World Cup and some Championship players being international players.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 17:57:16 »

As someone said to me (or possibly on here, or I might have overheard it, anyway, it's not my original thinking), What odds would you have got on Norwich and Swindon to get automatic promotion after their first games of the season ?

Whoever that was, I'd like to shake their hand. Maybe even buy him a pint......actually, nope, that's getting carried away.

Not surprised to hear about Norwich selling out. Their support, home and away, is pretty fucking impressive. We haven't played them that often but the times I've seen them at Swindon they've brought big numbers with them. And to bring 1000-odd for a midweek paint-pot game......fair play.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 18:06:41 »

We haven't played them that often but the times I've seen them at Swindon they've brought big numbers with them.

We might as well get the facts right....we've played Norwich 109 times in all competitions, they've an overall advantage of 3  wins.

We go right back to the days of the Southern League, where we once put 10 on them...Fleming hat-trick.

Harry Morris once scored 5 at Carrow Road
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: