Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: TOWN'S GREATEST XI: Mac and Hoddle are your midfield men  (Read 457 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 12:00:19 »

TOWN'S GREATEST XI: Mac and Hoddle are your midfield men

ALAN McLoughlin believes he owes his former teammates a big debt of gratitude - after he was voted by Swindon Advertiser readers as
  one of Town’s two greatest midfielders.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/5039664.TOWN_S_GREATEST_XI__Mac_and_Hoddle_are_your_midfield_men/?ref=rss

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 17:57:34 »

I saw Alan Mac make what I think was his debut v Newport at Somerton Park in 86.

He played right back and wasn't too great...didn't really do owt wrong mind.

Little did I think that some 24 years later he'd be voted in as our greatest midfield player.

Don't remember much about the game, other than getting extremely lashed up beforehand. The now ex missus was about to drop a sprog, so thought I'd get some action while I could.

Somerton Park does stick in the mind though because I was shocked just how ramshackle it had become in a relatively short time since my last visit, never a great ground it had been at least tidy in a Layer Road sort of way.

The bogs were reminiscent of those at a free festival in Windsor Great Park..ie non existent.

It came as no surprise when Newport went under...shame really, as an easy run from here and always a bit of atmosphere.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 19:04:04 »

I saw Alan Mac make what I think was his debut v Newport at Somerton Park in 86.

He played right back and wasn't too great...didn't really do owt wrong mind.

Little did I think that some 24 years later he'd be voted in as our greatest midfield player.

Don't remember much about the game, other than getting extremely lashed up beforehand. The now ex missus was about to drop a sprog, so thought I'd get some action while I could.

Somerton Park does stick in the mind though because I was shocked just how ramshackle it had become in a relatively short time since my last visit, never a great ground it had been at least tidy in a Layer Road sort of way.

The bogs were reminiscent of those at a free festival in Windsor Great Park..ie non existent.

It came as no surprise when Newport went under...shame really, as an easy run from here and always a bit of atmosphere.

It was a shame about Newport, they are riding high in Conference South this season, about 20 points clear of 2nd so unless they implode they will be in the Conference next season. Would be nice to see them back in the league one day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: