Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who owns your football club?  (Read 1588 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 09:06:22 »

None of your damn business according to the Football League.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/04/football-league-ownership-leeds-united

Not been put to the test yet - tomorrow is the first time the FPPT will have been tested. But given the test itself is somewhat limp-wristed and their history, not so much perhaps of bottling decisions, but certainly seeming able to punish the wrong people, hopes aren't high. I'll be more than happy to volte face on that if and when they ban Ken Bates from every ground in the country Smiley
Take no pleasure in being proved right on this. FPPT is worthless and the League are bunch of spineless, gutless bottlers who any crook with a few quid can sit back and laugh at their regulations. But people trying to run their clubs properly get hammered.

Maybe we should have a whipround to buy Mawhinney a backbone as a leaving present. And they wonder why football's in such a fucking mess.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 16:34:24 »

Maybe we should have a whipround to buy Mawhinney a backbone as a leaving present. And they wonder why football's in such a fucking mess.

I had dealings with Mawhinney in a work context many many years ago, (sort of thing I need a calculator to work out)...struck me than as a decent sort of fella, and followed his political career a bit....I guess politicians by their nature appear decent.
iffy

« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 16:51:55 »

All you need to know about the FPPT is that Al fayed, Abramovich, Thaksin and Gaydamak (fucking Gaydamak - a billion dollar arms smuggler!) all passed it.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 16:53:20 »

I guess politicians by their nature appear decent.

I know someone who might just disagree with you there

Cheesy
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 17:00:38 »

To be fair, I wouldn't want it to be public knowledge f I owned Leeds either.
Talk Talk

« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 17:17:15 »

I know someone who might just disagree with you there

Cheesy

http://toryardvaark.wordpress.com/2009/10/20/new-feature-spot-the-piano-wire-noose-lampost-competition-no-1/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 5, 2010, 17:21:13 »

I had dealings with Mawhinney in a work context many many years ago, (sort of thing I need a calculator to work out)...struck me than as a decent sort of fella
He may well be a thoroughly decent chap. That doesn't stop him being a complete jellyfish who likes to posture as the man who's cleaning out the League's Augean stables
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: