Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Uddersfield -v- Swindon Twon Official matchday thread  (Read 64248 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 10:41:36 »

the scorer disgraced himself by shouting fuck off to the family stand,

Heh! heh!

Well done Charlie Cool

Good write up Mr Tripper..always good to get the views of oppostion fans who are actually capable of stringing a few senctences together! All the best for the rest of the season unless it's at our expense!

Sounds like a draw of the 'point gained' variety, unlike Southend and Charlton which were definitely four points lost.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #436 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 10:43:58 »

Fantastic point yesterday. I would have snapped your hand off for it before hand.

We were battered yesterday by a very good team. Whilst not Cambridge or Wimbledon they got the ball forward very fast at every opportunity. Their crossing, especially from corners was superb.

Not sure if this has been mentioned as could not be arsed to troll through 20 odd pages but the "mult-ball" system was a mare for us. We switched off whenever the ball went into the stands as we were expecting it to come back a lot slower.  

Lucas was superb and saved us without a doubt. Listened to Lee Clarks interview on Radio Leeds on the way back. Not a happy bunny. Their own radio correspondant did state that Hudders were back to their best and that Swindon were a quality side. As I say a great point considering that Leeds, Norwich, Charlton, Colchester & Millwall still have to go there and will undoubtably drop points.

Last negative point. Whilst 440 was more than I expected it was still a poor turnout considering the magnitude of the game. Cannot understand why when we will probably take 1500/2000 to Leeds for a trip of the same distance. Blimey even Rich Pullen may watch his 1st game of the season!  
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 13:24:32 »

Austins goal was brilliant,loved the way he celebrated as well.
Personally i still think second place is up for grabs,Norwich are getting alot of late winners and we know Leeds and Charlton are beatable by any team.
Swindon have two winnable home games coming up and if we can get six points we will be pushing for the top two,the fact of the matter is there is stll along way to go.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 13:43:03 »

Austins goal was brilliant,loved the way he celebrated as well.
Personally i still think second place is up for grabs,Norwich are getting alot of late winners and we know Leeds and Charlton are beatable by any team.
Swindon have two winnable home games coming up and if we can get six points we will be pushing for the top two,the fact of the matter is there is stll along way to go.
Yep, I'm not giving up on that just yet either. Just because the odds are against it doesn't mean it can't happen.
Spencer_White

« Reply #439 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 14:58:22 »

Tis the mark of a good side to get battered and come away with a point. Hope you enjoyed the day Spencer

Yes thanks. Tell you what, it was the second away day in a row where I have enjoyed the game more than the day out itself. Really was a good game, and although we were outplayed, you always thought we had so much quality in the side that we could take any chance they gave us. All 3 results were possible right up to FT. This is what the board are getting for their money, the first XI really is unbelievably strong and my advice to Swindon fans is this cannot last. I have no doubt the rumours of the board loosing £3 million a year are spot on. Huddersfield are a long way ahead of us in terms of support, facilities. Despite their free spending they may well be loosing less money than STFC.

Austin is becomming a bit of a talisman for us. I think he could soon be in a rare breed of players who is synonomous with a club and feared by other supporters. Bit like McGinlay at Bolton, or Fleck at Norwich, Scott Murray at City - spit.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:03:54 »

my advice to Swindon fans is this cannot last.
Are you Smeeton in disguise?? Cool
Spencer_White

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:07:05 »

Good players + stagnating crowds + low ticket prices = unsustainable.

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:40:20 »

how are we losing 3 mill a year?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:41:53 »

I have no doubt the rumours of the board loosing £3 million a year are spot on. 

It think its more of a fact stated in the accounts than rumours.

I know they are trying to reduce that deficit by putting the house in order, etc. But I'd be surprised if its gone down much with the quality of signings we made surely not coming cheep.

As already said, I dont know what more the board can do now. Its over to us, and obviously everyone on here (well maybe not Oxford Fan) will put their money into a season ticket where at at all possible. But how do we attract new support if cheap season tickets and success on the pitch won't do it. Answers on a post card to SN1.

By spending 3 million more than we are taking Smiley Hopefully the managing of debts and so forth should ultimately reduce the figure. But as said putting a good squad together can't have come cheap.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:44:06 by Batch » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:42:19 »

Wages, rent, servicing of debts (until recently), and various other day-to-day costs

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:44:23 »

but with the debts cleared are we losing that much per anum?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 15:59:30 »

but with the debts cleared are we losing that much per anum?
That's what has been stated by the club in recent times, I think the clearing of debts may still be too recent for us to be able to tell from the accounts. Whether it is £3m or not we're losing a lot.

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 16:05:49 »

i really have no idea, so i'm genuinely interested.
i fully expect us to lose money, and for the board to put some of their fortune into the club.but i dont have a clue as to how much they have, or continue to do so.
still, you dont buy a club like stfc unless you are prepared to throw money at it,or you would be a complete idiot.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 16:38:25 »

Are you Smeeton in disguise?? Cool

Spencer is just a true fan...with his eyes open.

This season has been subsidised to some extent by the sale of Cox...we could have done with a cup run, to help pay for next season, but we might make a bit by reaching the PO final depending on contracts.

I add this caveat, because I was reliably informed the last board, didn't realise that the squad 03/04 were on a fat bonus for just making the PO's and had no money to pay for it.
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 16:44:39 »

Austins goal was brilliant,loved the way he celebrated as well

Great goal no dispute but I told him what he I thought of him when he was celebrating and telling 5/6 years old to fuck off! It went something like "Come over here you little twat, I'll fucking eat you!" Wink

Great family game football init? Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 16:46:29 by Acetripper » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: