Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Atmosphere / Crowd on Saturday  (Read 7417 times)
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 09:25:26 »

Pretty poor effort on charlton's behalf so far,they are yet to sell the 1200 tickets for the away section in the arkells.

What a shit away following they have,considering they are only four points off automatic promotion and have good travel links.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 09:29:07 »

8,268 and disappointed

Clems Army!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 09:45:04 »

The OS isn't usually wrong with their crowd prediction (they do sell the tickets!) so it should be over 10k. Agree that Charlton's away support is shit, taking into account their home attendances. Must be all the pikey supporters they used to bus in free from Kent in the early 90's.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 09:47:41 »

Sell out, with 2000 supporters locked out of the ground.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 10:00:03 »

Gills attendance was very poor. Fingers crossed that was a one off.
I still think that was as much to do with the game being immediately after people had had a recession-hit Christmas they couldn't afford and before Jan payday. I don't think people are making as much allowance as they should be for how hard recession hits gates - bear in mind for the "floating voters" in the crowd, football is firmly in the "discretionary spending" camp and is going to get cut when they have to tighten belts.

Fuck knows what the gate will be on Saturday mind. Anything over 9000 and 3 points and I'll be chuffed
lambourn red

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 10:04:55 »

10800 with a thousand from Charlton, why dont they just stick the away fans on the bank then at least the nosie of the inevitable irritating drum that the Charlton fans will constantly bang will drift away in the wind. Do we have to provide a covered away area under League rules ?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 10:14:10 »

I stupidly agreed to go away for the weekend without checking the fixture list. So i hope it's crap.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 10:16:14 »

I stupidly agreed to go away for the weekend without checking the fixture list. So i hope it's crap.

That's the trouble with gingers, no thought for others.

It's All Good..............
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 10:21:01 »

The bullying from a young age leaves us bitter and vengeful...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 11:14:06 »

"Must be all the pikey supporters they used to bus in free from Kent in the early 90's"

Think you have hit the nail on the head there system. They still do bus all these in, when we played at the valley on boxing day there were a long line of coaches all coming from Kent- Herne Bay, Canterbury, Whitstable, Margate, Ramsgate. My relatives indeed live in Margate and they said that Charlton have a huge following there.

May explain why the away support is so low.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 11:16:09 »

I remember Paul Scally getting very upset about those buses on SSN once. It made me like Charlton a lot more than I had before.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 11:17:31 »

Charlton are seen as the first team of Kent, not really a London team. We get all their coverage on our regional BBC news programme South East. Gillingham, Charlton and Brighton.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 13:27:27 »

10800 with a thousand from Charlton, why dont they just stick the away fans on the bank then at least the nosie of the inevitable irritating drum that the Charlton fans will constantly bang will drift away in the wind. Do we have to provide a covered away area under League rules ?
No, but putting them in the Arkells makes financial sense as they have to pay more and we don't need stewards, catering etc for a fourth stand.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 16:16:35 »

It would be dissapointing not to get over 10000 against a big team.

10432 with 1023 from Charlton
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 17:06:20 »

They'll bring easy over 1k, probably near 1500.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: