Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sarfend - getting to roots hall  (Read 5148 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 00:25:22 »

The last time I saw us at Southend we lost 2-1, that was when the away end was the open terrace. I guess it's a much better experience now with away fans located in the North Stand.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 07:37:32 »

My last trip was the JPT game, their catering facilities then consisted of what looked like an old cupboard with a couple of pasting tables with some plastic cups and crisps on. Might be an idea to eat before you get there just in case.
lambourn red

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 12:26:55 »

There fans not to confident about Saturday on shrimperzone

"Cant we just save swindon the journey and our fans the hardship and give them the 3 points."  Cheesy
dell boy

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 12:53:43 »

Most of their fans think we are beatable reading that forum. The most common comments about us seem to be we have two good strikers, two very good centre backs but no creativity in midfield, thus referring to 'our long ball tactics'. Very average side who are not in the same class as Norwich and Charlton but somehow in the play-offs.

It is a family day also this Saturday at Roots Hall so please do not swear when you are singing - thank you.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 12:55:59 »

is it pay on the turnstile?
Barry Scott

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 13:02:14 »

Most of their fans think we are beatable reading that forum. The most common comments about us seem to be we have two good strikers, two very good centre backs but no creativity in midfield, thus referring to 'our long ball tactics'. Very average side who are not in the same class as Norwich and Charlton but somehow in the play-offs.

It is a family day also this Saturday at Roots Hall so please do not swear when you are singing - thank you.

As the Great Don Vito Corleone said, over estimate your enemy and make sure they under estimate you. Or something like that.

Love the 'long ball tactics' part. Clearly their fans haven't a clue about how we play and might be in for a bit of a shock. :soapymouthrape:
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 13:50:47 »

is it pay on the turnstile?

Yes, £22 instead of £20 with a prepaid ticket
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:40:35 »

Yet Jon-Paul McGovern has 12 assists this season.

10 in the league, one behind Hoolahan.

I'm sure you already knew that but i'm not quite sure where the notion of us being a long ball side have come from. Southend fans arent the first to have said it either.

dell boy

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:47:09 »

Yet Jon-Paul McGovern has 12 assists this season.

10 in the league, one behind Hoolahan.

I'm sure you already knew that but i'm not quite sure where the notion of us being a long ball side have come from. Southend fans arent the first to have said it either.

To be honest, we panicked a bit against them in the home game and did launch a few long bombs upfield.

I'm really enjoying the football we are playing at the moment and lets hope teams even near the bottom of the division keep underestimating us, when they wake up and realise we are half a decent side things might get a bit tougher, they will probably shut up shop and play for a draw when coming to The County Ground.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:49:34 »

I agree Dell, perfer to go un noticed.

Sadly, I think the Leeds result will get us noticed but if the fans of other clubs (like Southend) still arent taking us that seriously even after dicking Leeds then thats ace.

Leeds biggest defeat in over 3 years - any other time i'd be pissed off all the attention was on Leeds being bad and not us being good.

Infact, I reckon out of all the teams in L1 only Norwich would have given us a game tuesday night. All the rest would have lost, badly!
swindon247

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 16:26:05 »

southend fans are worried about us on the bbc forum good to see

Any one going to geuss the score?

C'MON YOU REDS
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 17:24:23 »

Praying the SAS thingybob will still be taking bookings tommorow (payday) otherwise i'll be gutted.

I really don't fancy driving there on my own without sat nav!
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 17:26:28 »

Oh and Southenders on TFF all saying we'll thump them:-

"As of today we only have 14 players available and with a virus spreading through the team, we've probably even got less than that. We're a broken team, heading for League Two without so much of a fight."

"3-0 Swindon, at least."

"We'll get dicked. End of......"

Not looking good. This is football though.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 17:34:13 »

i dont reckon you'll get a place on the coach leaving it that late
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 17:44:20 »

Open from 7 till 9 tuesdays and thursdays apparently (how weird) so i'll have to give them a ring and scrounge twenty quid off of the bank of mum until tommorow.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: