Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace  (Read 8451 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 14:03:59 »

Warnock is a prick. He may be right on this occasion but he's been wrong plenty of times before.

What like when a goal Palace scored at Shitty as the officials couldn't spot that the ball had actually hit the back of the net.

He's talked a load of nonsense in the past but like yesterday, he's talked a lot of sense. I spotted it straight away, but it made it easier watching it on TV.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 14:08:43 »

Throw enough shit and some will stick
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 15:17:30 »

To be fair, it was a shocking decision.

Warnock is great, if only there were more like him, the game would be much more entertaining.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 15:44:19 »

It was a bad decision, but what was the result of it - A CORNER.  Listening to him straight after the game, it seemed his big gripe was that assistant spent the game smiling!  Well FFS, ban a guy for actually enjoying his work (up until the corner/goal kick incident he had a good game). 

The problem with Warnock, is that his constant moaning about officials makes him sound like a complete twat, so that when he has a genuine gripe (the phantom "goal" for example) nobody takes him seriously.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 15:51:40 »

Maybe he was more thinking that they deserved to win the football match, not about how much money each eventuality could make.

Aye, its results Crystal Palace need at the moment, not money.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 15:54:27 »

warnock is a legend.
Doore

« Reply #51 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 16:13:59 »

Aye, its results Crystal Palace need at the moment, not money.

So you think Warnock should be happy because they drew instead of won?  When managers start thinking that way we might as well all pack the game in.  I'm fairly certain he would see his job as trying to win matches.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 16:35:56 »

So do you think he's given as much stick to his defenders who allowed two free headers for goals , as he did to the linseman ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
[email protected]

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 16:52:15 »

So do you think he's given as much stick to his defenders who allowed two free headers for goals , as he did to the linseman ?
I doubt it.  After all, it's easier to blame the lino rather than say "we should have defended better"
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 16:52:51 »

No becasue he's a prick.  It only resulted in a corner FFS, watching the game live, I had no idea it had hit the villa player then gone out either.

I'm all for giving refs shit when they deserve it, but on this occasion it only resulted in a corner (not a red card or a pen or both) which palace could have defended better.  That and it wasnt obvious without slow motion replays.

The phantom goal on the other hand he was well within his rights to be pissed off as it was blindingly obvious.
[email protected]

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 16:54:55 »

No becasue he's a prick.  It only resulted in a corner FFS, watching the game live, I had no idea it had hit the villa player then gone out either.

I'm all for giving refs shit when they deserve it, but on this occasion it only resulted in a corner (not a red card or a pen or both) which palace could have defended better.  That and it wasnt obvious without slow motion replays.

The phantom goal on the other hand he was well within his rights to be pissed off as it was blindingly obvious.
Clap couldn't agree more!  Clap
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 17:06:57 »

To be fair, Warnock has admitted he over reacted. He said when he got home his wife pointed out that the same thing had happened in the last round, except it was Palace scoring from a corner that should have been a goal kick.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 17:26:51 »

I like the guy.  He reacts like a fan would, and sometimes says things that are ridiculous in the heat of the moment, as we all do.

Having said that, the Sheffield United - West Ham saga was a bit much, but his outbursts etc are fine/good.

On last night, I thought that the Villa defenders got away with a lot of pushes and climbing without any punishment, Alan Lee threw an elbow at the defender and should have gone, the corner/goal-kick incident and the times when Villa were flagged offside when clearly on were pretty obvious and should have been got right. 

Not that the ref should be banned or anything, he just got some decisions wrong, as we see every week...

never trust a nun...
[email protected]

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 17:29:31 »

To be fair, Warnock has admitted he over reacted. He said when he got home his wife pointed out that the same thing had happened in the last round, except it was Palace scoring from a corner that should have been a goal kick.
Where did you see that?  I can't see it on the BBC, Sky or Crystal Palace website.
Even if he did admit he overreacted I bet he doesn't appologise or admit that "we ALL make mistakes", as it is typical of Warnock to gob off and blame everyone else first and then engage his brain second.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 17:32:56 »

Where did you see that?  I can't see it on the BBC, Sky or Crystal Palace website.
Even if he did admit he overreacted I bet he doesn't appologise or admit that "we ALL make mistakes", as it is typical of Warnock to gob off and blame everyone else first and then engage his brain second.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8516698.stm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: