Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010/11 Season Tickets  (Read 66020 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 13:13:48 »

Lifted from the other thread...

This is clever timing.  History shows that our gates, and interest in the club in general, spikes noticeably during the closing stages of a season where we are fighting for promotion.  It happened in 1992/93 and again in 2003/04 (to a lesser extent).  I guess the board wants to ride that wave and capitalise.

On the flipside, if it doesn't work, the board's enthusiasm will almost certainly wane.  There is an element of 'it's now or never' about the statement.  Fingers crossed all round.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 13:15:54 »

Unless season tickets are really cheap or really expensive the price doesn't have as big an impact as a good team playing good football and winning matches. Last year the season tickets were cheaper and we sold more, yet out average attendances this season are likely to be 5% to 10% higher.

Total income from ticket sales is likely to be over 10% higher than last season, which seems a pretty good increase to me given the state of the economy. Is there really anything for the board to complain about?

Yes, the recent attendances have been a little poor to be honest.  We've been doing everything you suggest we need to as a club, playing well, winning, good football etc.  We're looking set for the play off with an outside chance of pushing even higher.  Prices are bloody cheap in comparison to the rest of the footballing world for what we putting on the pitch.  Norwich selling 20000 at their prices just goes to show what can happen when a clubs fans rally round.  If we sell the same as we have done, and keep the same attendances, why should the board invest more than is needed to keep the club afloat?  Why would they keep a high playing budget from their own pockets when no more than 6500 Swindonians can be bothered?

You know what, even the old board were best by this problem, trying to fit a budget into a pretty unspectacular average attendance.  They fucke it up with their approach, this board have gone the other way and shown us what can be achieved, plus they've provided us with financial incentive.  It's up to us.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 13:22:00 »

Is this offer going to be advertised around the town?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 13:24:49 »

Yes, the recent attendances have been a little poor to be honest.

They haven't been that bad. To date (after 12 home league games) attendances are about 6,000 lower in total compared to the same period last season, after the Leeds game they will be about equal and then higher after Charlton.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 13:40:52 »

Hope so. Tuesday night's game would be a great time to hand out some leaflets etc and get some of the non regulars interested.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 14:26:12 »

Is there really anything for the board to complain about?
I think Si answers your question pretty well...

We've averaged around 7,500 at home for the past few seasons. However the past is history, I get a feeling the board just want to unleash something a bit more exciting for us, but will only do so if it looks like it can be sustained.
The board want to give the town more in the shape of a Championship club with a new stadium. If the fans come out and show interest then they'll be happy to go ahead with a 20,000-seater stadium and increased playing budget. If the town responds with total apathy, they know that a 12,000-seater stadium and league one football is the only sustainable future for the club.
china red

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 14:37:05 »

Do you think that people generally are expecting everything to go tits up both on the playing front and with the new board?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 14:38:41 »

Do you think that people generally are expecting everything to go tits up both on the playing front and with the new board?
I don't think so. I just think that the town has an "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of attitude towards the club. Unfortunately that kind of attitude is what's constraining us, as people aren't coming to the County Ground yet.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 14:44:53 »

You'd bloody hope so.

Around the Town and at every large company and school in Swindon.

No excuses now, those prices are good value, spot on and we are doing well.

Lets be seeing the 6,000 that went to Fulham in the stands for the rest of this season and next season to.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 15:56:45 »

Any idea of how much the family tickets are - 2 adults, 3 kids?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 16:11:27 »

You'd bloody hope so.

Around the Town and at every large company and school in Swindon.

No excuses now, those prices are good value, spot on and we are doing well.

Lets be seeing the 6,000 that went to Fulham in the stands for the rest of this season and next season to.

Exactly this. Like I said Tuesday night is the perfect time to begin promotion of the offer. 13,000 expected. There's no excuse really.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 17:34:20 »

Thing is there is so much shrugging of the shoulders in the town towards the club. Take for instance last saturday, get the bus to the game, bus driver asks if we are going to the match, laughs and says why you bothering. when i get off i say to him that we are playing the best football in years and got a cracking little team now, he then replies might check it out again soon havent been for years. Now when he finished his shift looked at the result and saw yet another victory for us, my words to him must have lingered a little bit.

We keep winning and the hardcore spread the word, slowly but surely our attendances will grow again.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 17:37:49 »

I dont think we promote ourselves enough.

Whilst I dont look out for ticket prices/details/offers through out the season because I have a season ticket, I cant say I've ever seen them advertised anywhere.

Infact, any ticket offers/details that we do, do, I only find out via the tef usually.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 17:54:19 »

I dont think we promote ourselves enough.

Whilst I dont look out for ticket prices/details/offers through out the season because I have a season ticket, I cant say I've ever seen them advertised anywhere.

Infact, any ticket offers/details that we do, do, I only find out via the tef usually.
The usual sources of such info are here, the OS and the Adver. The club needs to do more to reach people in other ways. It would cost next to nothing to get flyers put in staff rooms in every shop in the centre, and in offices and staff rooms right across the town.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, January 23, 2010, 17:56:28 »

Most people who work in shops work weekends
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: