Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town v yeovil official matchday thread  (Read 22476 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 23:07:28 »

2nd one there was maybe a push on the defender by Paynter.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #151 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 23:15:39 »

I thuoght theri fans were pathetic. First of all there was the fucking drum. Then there were the gayers dancing around the drum. If I dropped a fiver on the floor near them, I'd' leave it. Then there was their booing of the ref - what the fuck is that about. did the ref cheat them out of the game - no it was their fucking awful defence. Lastly, there weren't that many of them - 500??
Fucking gayers. 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 23:26:26 »

How on earth was our first goal dubious? Pinpoint cross to the man unmarked at the back post!! I haven't seen the 2nd yet.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #153 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 23:29:50 »

Offside apprenrtly for the first and a foul for the second.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 23:53:25 »

Offside apprenrtly for the first and a foul for the second.
Bollocks in both cases (to Yeovil, not you chalkie). They were outplayed, simple, and they got precisely what their wank drum-based efforts deserved. Nowt. Where's our miserabilist tendency this evening btw?
Barry Scott

« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 00:04:05 »

3 points i wish to raise.

1/ The drum, as ever, is something that should be banned from games, much like guns.

2/ OB has improved massively and deserves some praise. He was ace at Charlton and ace today until he Barry Corr'd.

3/ Ferry appears to be getting forward more and is becoming more instrumental in attacks. I'd donate myself to medical research to sign him, as he'll clearly become the Steven Gerrard of League 1/CCC - albeit with less goals.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 00:12:37 »

Another great all round team performance today, our league position doesn't lie - we're playing like a playoff team at the moment and have been for a while.

I know people were singing praises for O'Brien after the Charlton game but he still looks a bit crap to me. There were bits where he did look good and has more potential, so its a pity if he's going to be out again with injury.

Sheehan did well again, not convinced he's that much better than JFL. I was really impressed by the way Amankwaah and JPM played together today (and most days), especially the way they attack, overlap and cover each other. If only we can get a similar pairing on the left hand side.

Ward did a good job when he came on, bit too early to say whether he is good enough or not but I reckon we'll find out soon as Wilson gave the impression he can play in the FA Cup next week. Be surprised if he doesn't start up front, given the choice between him and Hutchinson. But that isn't saying much, I'd play a dog turd over Hutchinson. Bolton letting him play in the FA Cup suggests a good chance he's ours for the season if we want him (same for Sheehan).

The big contrast to the Brighton game was the last 15 minutes. We didn't look like we were going to concede at the end today, whilst the other day I was just waiting for it to happen. How can they fall apart one day, then hold it together the next?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 01:00:39 »

Am I imagining it or was the football league show just complimentary towards us?  Calling us a good passing team and featuring us somewhere near the top of the programme!

Never knowingly overstated.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 01:08:44 »

Bollocks in both cases (to Yeovil, not you chalkie). They were outplayed, simple, and they got precisely what their wank drum-based efforts deserved. Nowt. Where's our miserabilist tendency this evening btw?

Smiley Here I am. I think we were average in the first half, second half we just blew them away. Comfortable win in the end.
Barry Scott

« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 01:10:46 »

Am I imagining it or was the football league show just complimentary towards us?  Calling us a good passing team and featuring us somewhere near the top of the programme!

Nope, you're right. And i'm happy to say i'm starting to love the new League Show, especially knowing the days of The Jed Pitman Borefest are long gone.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 01:13:05 »

Ward = top drawer today. Good on him  Smiley
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 01:21:51 »

Nope, you're right. And i'm happy to say i'm starting to love the new League Show, especially knowing the days of The Jed Pitman Borefest are long gone.

To be fair, they've been pretty complimentary about us for a while now, since we turned things round after the opening day. They can't stop talking about Austin either, he gets a mention pretty much every week.

Still not 100% convinced by the show, they seem to be doing it on a tight budget and it shows. Its a pity they can't find an earlier slot for it though I guess that would be pretty difficult as they have to show it after Match of the Day. I know you can watch it in 101 different ways, but its not the same as a decent slot.
JohnBhoy

« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 02:30:58 »

Another great three points today.
Just think where Town would be this season if the games only lasted 89 minutes.  Crying

I'm a Celtic fan from Glasgow, and new to the board, but I've been following the Town results and reports all season to see how two of my favourite players - Simon Ferry and Scott Cuthbert - have been getting on.
It seems they're doing great, as are the Town.    Smiley

I first watched this pair playing for Celtic Youths when they were only 18.
I immediately saw that Cuthbert was a Billy McNeill type, while Ferry reminded me of Billy Bremner (ask yer dads!   Wink ).
They propelled Scotland to the European Under-19 championships final, in which they lost narrowly to Spain.
Then both struggled badly with injury. Especially Simon.

Scott did a lot to keep St Mirren in the Scottish Premier League last year. He's an out-and-out defender who knows he's not Beckenbauer. But, honestly, he'd do a great job in the Celtic first team just now.
You guys got a steal there. He'll be playing for Scotland before long.

As for Ferry, he's just perpetual motion and a total footballer with a great attitude.
And don't worry about his goalscoring. He doesn't score many . . . but he WILL score goals when you most need them. Trust me.

Now I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on against Fulham. If they rest some players, you could do them.
I really hope to see Swindon making, and winning, the play-offs. And I'd love to get down to see you guys play.
Until then, I'll keep an eye on your scores, and keep tuning into The Town End for the banter.
Good luck, lads!   

PS, At least I now know why Hutchison didn't get a start at Celtic. Sorry about that.
PPS, If you're struggling at left back, try for Darren O'Dea (a Celt on loan at Reading, Ireland Under-21 player who can play left back or cover for your centre-backs - he was Cuthbert's regular partner in Celtic Reserves) or Brian Easton, Scotland Under-21 left back who went from Hamilton to Burnley but hasn't started a league game yet.   
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 07:54:26 »

Another great three points today.
Just think where Town would be this season if the games only lasted 89 minutes.  Crying

I'm a Celtic fan from Glasgow, and new to the board, but I've been following the Town results and reports all season to see how two of my favourite players - Simon Ferry and Scott Cuthbert - have been getting on.
It seems they're doing great, as are the Town.    Smiley

I first watched this pair playing for Celtic Youths when they were only 18.
I immediately saw that Cuthbert was a Billy McNeill type, while Ferry reminded me of Billy Bremner (ask yer dads!   Wink ).
They propelled Scotland to the European Under-19 championships final, in which they lost narrowly to Spain.
Then both struggled badly with injury. Especially Simon.

Scott did a lot to keep St Mirren in the Scottish Premier League last year. He's an out-and-out defender who knows he's not Beckenbauer. But, honestly, he'd do a great job in the Celtic first team just now.
You guys got a steal there. He'll be playing for Scotland before long.

As for Ferry, he's just perpetual motion and a total footballer with a great attitude.
And don't worry about his goalscoring. He doesn't score many . . . but he WILL score goals when you most need them. Trust me.

Now I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on against Fulham. If they rest some players, you could do them.
I really hope to see Swindon making, and winning, the play-offs. And I'd love to get down to see you guys play.
Until then, I'll keep an eye on your scores, and keep tuning into The Town End for the banter.
Good luck, lads!   

PS, At least I now know why Hutchison didn't get a start at Celtic. Sorry about that.
PPS, If you're struggling at left back, try for Darren O'Dea (a Celt on loan at Reading, Ireland Under-21 player who can play left back or cover for your centre-backs - he was Cuthbert's regular partner in Celtic Reserves) or Brian Easton, Scotland Under-21 left back who went from Hamilton to Burnley but hasn't started a league game yet.  

Someone from Glasgow who seems pleasant! A first!! Wink

Welcome to the board John. From my experience in Scotland Celtic fans are mainly very knoweledgable so I will take your word for it about the players you mentioned. O'Dea was in the Celtic first team for a bit last year from memory, always thought he was quite a handy player.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 07:57:44 »

The drum, as ever, is something that should be banned from games, much like guns.

Drums should be allowed in on the proviso that guns are also allowed in. I think it'd limit the amount of drummers surviving games.

our second goal was never a freekick to them, but our first did look a good yard offside. that lino and the ref were mentals

all in all a decent performance after a shakey start

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: