Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1 year of Danny Wilson  (Read 8557 times)
dell boy

« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:24:50 »

Wilson has done a fantastic job this season.

He is a bit of changling though, a good position at the end of the season and possibly promotion and Danny Boy will probably be given a better offer at a bigger club and he would take it.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:46:34 »

How many times has Wilson left a club for a bigger job?

It's All Good..............
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:47:30 »

How many times has he had the chance to ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:52:09 »

Good point.

I'd like to think DW recognises he's part of a good set up here and believes we're at the start of something pretty exciting. If he does a job here and gets us up, I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to manage in the top flight again.

(Although I would probably)

It's All Good..............
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:57:27 »

Sheffield Wednesday, Milton Keynes and Hartlepool sacked him. Bristol City didn't renew his contract.

Not sure about Barnsley.

Though I really don't think we've got any reason to be concerned about him going to a bigger club. He's doing good for us but not that good and would anyone really want him? Maybe if he gets us in to the Premier League, but the chances of that are 50 miles down the road from remote.

I thought Wilson left and wasnt sacked?

He certainly didn't leave of his own accord though Hartlepool never publicly said the reason why they got rid of him and how, but get rid of him they did. Sacked or paid off, it doesn't really make any difference does it?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 15:01:39 »

Sheffield Wednesday, Milton Keynes and Hartlepool sacked him. Bristol City didn't renew his contract.

Not sure about Barnsley.

Though I really don't think we've got any reason to be concerned about him going to a bigger club. He's doing good for us but not that good and would anyone really want him? Maybe if he gets us in to the Premier League, but the chances of that are 50 miles down the road from remote.

He certainly didn't leave of his own accord though Hartlepool never publicly said the reason why they got rid of him and how, but get rid of him they did. Sacked or paid off, it doesn't really make any difference does it?

Something Iffy certainly went on there.

I remember Hartlepool released a statement saying Wilson had left and it didnt use the term sacked at all, then later on it got changed to say Wilson had been sacked.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #21 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 15:10:11 »

Does it matter?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 17:01:45 »

This season is the the most enjoyable for years and years. The play-off season under King was good, but I really appreciate what the management and players have done this year, maybe becasue the last 5 years have been so dreadful. We're playing good football more often than not and there's an expectancy again, something we've all had sucked out of us down the years. There are players I actually enjoy watching, like lucas, greer, cuthbert, douglas, austin – players who are not only good but who give a shit. I feel proud of this current team. And I'd say 99% of that is down to Danny Wilson.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 18:54:49 »

I love him - his voice relaxs me - I noticed this as I listened to an interview with him on the radio in the dentist

He goes to the same dentist as you?  Smiley
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 19:02:44 »

Managers come and go from the Football League so often - so it's to Wilson's credit that he has been a manager pretty much constantly since 1994.

I haven't let my guard down, I still find myself fearing the worst - I'm not overly pessimistic, just a victim of the last decade+ supporting Swindon. I imagine I'd be far happier if I went most weeks like I wish I could.

Danny Wilson is definately taking us in the right direction but it appears that Peter Shirtliff is crucial to us too.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 19:54:54 »

It was due to them not finishing high enough in the league, think they were expecting top 6 or promotion and he only managed 7th or something. Hopefully they feel really stupid with us being higher than them in the league now.

I thought that was the scenario with Ronnie Moore and Tranmere in the summer, finished 7th and just missed out on the play-offs on goal difference on the final day?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 20:06:15 »

Think he has done a great job and echo what others have said. Nice one Danny and keep up the good work.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 20:09:02 »

I thought that was the scenario with Ronnie Moore and Tranmere in the summer, finished 7th and just missed out on the play-offs on goal difference on the final day?

I just checked the tables for when Wilson was there. He got them promoted to League One and then didn't do well enough for the board - whatever they were expecting, he didn't do. Pretty certain they were above us at the time they got rid of him and not that far off the play offs which was their probably aim.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 22:20:20 »

This season is the the most enjoyable for years and years. The play-off season under King was good, but I really appreciate what the management and players have done this year, maybe becasue the last 5 years have been so dreadful. We're playing good football more often than not and there's an expectancy again, something we've all had sucked out of us down the years. There are players I actually enjoy watching, like lucas, greer, cuthbert, douglas, austin – players who are not only good but who give a shit. I feel proud of this current team. And I'd say 99% of that is down to Danny Wilson.

Sums it up perfectly for me
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #29 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 23:07:21 »

I'm enjoying my football again and more importantly my daughter is. The good thnig is the intelligence we play with. If a pass doesn't come off you can see what they were trying to do. Wilson has made a load of mistakes since he's been here but the trend is upward and after the complete load of dogshit he inherited that is good enough for me. I go to every game thinking we've got a good chance of winning   
Last season we knoew thnigs were going right off the pitch but this season things are going right on it as well. Rome wasn't built in a day and nor will STFC but we are really on the right lines.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: