Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This is a thread about Telly  (Read 18710 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:00:15 »

I like Telly,its better than the Cinema because its free and you can drink and sit on the sofa in your pants.Actually thinking about it it isnt free at all is it but I still like it best.

Here are some good programs

The Thick of It.
Its the best program on Telly,the 5 Live episode was my favourite but last weeks shocker was... well it was a shocker (in the best possible way)

Gavin and Stacey
I defy anone to say this isnt brilliant,Its all about Bryn really isnt it?

Those are cool programs though,so Id like to chuck some uncool ones in

The Paul O Grady Show.
A gay man who thinks hes a 1930's washer woman wearing a head scarf scrubbing his step.I like him,I like his Doggies and I like the Tea Time nature of the show.

Jermey Kyle

Guilty pleasure? the other day a young girly said about a bloke who may or may not have been her kids father " Of course I love him I have his name tattooed on my twat" All this at 9.45am ,brilliant!!!!!!

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:02:25 »

Any mention of "The Wire" gets deleted.

I found it boring.

/
W56196272
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:07:20 »

Gavin and Stacey

I get fucking sick having to listen to people saying how brill G&S is. Its good but it ain't that good. At best I'd rate it a slightly above average sit com.

Shows like The Thick Of It and Curb Your are a million times wittier, funnier, better and various other positive things ending in er.
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:10:23 »

I like Telly,its better than the Cinema because its free and you can drink and sit on the sofa in your pants.Actually thinking about it it isnt free at all is it but I still like it best.

Here are some good programs

The Thick of It.
Its the best program on Telly,the 5 Live episode was my favourite but last weeks shocker was... well it was a shocker (in the best possible way)

I've just got through the first series (well first 6 episodes, I think they were originally 2 series of 3), just about to do the specials, In the Loop, and then the new series. It is really fucking brilliant.

Gavin and Stacey

I keep catching bits of this and it seems fun. I guess it's been a bit unfasionable since Horne and Corden's disasterous sketch show but it's something I plan to catch up on

Those are cool programs though,so Id like to chuck some uncool ones in

The Paul O Grady Show.
A gay man who thinks hes a 1930's washer woman wearing a head scarf scrubbing his step.I like him,I like his Doggies and I like the Tea Time nature of the show.

Didn't one of his dogs die recently? Can't say I'm a big fan. Preffered Richard and Judy when it was on. It had more unintentional comedy.

Jermey Kyle

Guilty pleasure? the other day a young girly said about a bloke who may or may not have been her kids father " Of course I love him I have his name tattooed on my twat" All this at 9.45am ,brilliant!!!!!!

It is fucking brilliant. I love it when someone comes on, acts like an angel "oh it's definitely his child, I'd never sleep with someone else".

"DNA results say he is not the father" Oh dear.

To contribute:

Doctor Who. Can't wait for the Christmas / New Year specials.

House. Burned through the first 5 series in less than a month, now keeping up with the 6th. Great fun.

I still keep up with South Park and Family Guy, but even the former has gotten a bit meh, and the latter was never that good.

The Restaurant is great fun, although I'm already a few episodes behind. Bloody Thursdays.

Everyone loves QI

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:11:30 »

Snooker and Question time
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:14:22 »

I love Curb its brilliant though I am quite far behind in it.Im rubbish at quoting and remembering stuff but the one where he accidently called someone a "cunt" in the obitiurary is my favourite.Larry David is a joy.I can like more than 1 thing at a time...I know its crazy!

/
W56196272
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:18:41 »

I love Curb its brilliant though I am quite far behind in it.Im rubbish at quoting and remembering stuff but the one where he accidently called someone a "cunt" in the obitiurary is my favourite.Larry David is a joy.I can like more than 1 thing at a time...I know its crazy!

That was the typo in the obituary episode, one of the best. My other favourite from the earlier series was the baptism one. But nothing beats the latest series, I very nearly died watching the pussy rash episode with the neck brace episode a close second. Definitely the funniest programme on TV, though The Thick Of It is pretty close.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:24:54 »

Snooker and Question time

I forgot the Snooker. It's a fucking beautiful game. It's the perfect combination of dexterous skill and the mental ability of something like chess, but with none of that discrete grid board bollocks holding it back.

Chess might well have more possible games than stars in the universe, but the possibilities in snooker are closer to infinite.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:28:45 »

Doctor Who. Can't wait for the Christmas / New Year specials.

House. Burned through the first 5 series in less than a month, now keeping up with the 6th. Great fun.

I still keep up with South Park and Family Guy, but even the former has gotten a bit meh, and the latter was never that good.

The Restaurant is great fun, although I'm already a few episodes behind. Bloody Thursdays.

Everyone loves QI

Ive noticed myself judging people by if the like the New Dr Whos or not.I think theres somthing wrong with people that dont like them.Ive seen House once or twice its ok,its something I can see myself doing as a boxsest in a lazy week.I never got into South Park or Family Guy at all really.

The Restraunt! these people cat be the best out there surely! they make the Apprentices's from the Apprentice seem like model employees.The 2 blond haired smarmy blokes.....eek! Ive not seen this weeks im going to hit "On Demand " right now.

/
W56196272
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 00:47:39 »

Malcolm Tucker is my hero. Or Armando is, I can't decide which. They've done so much for the shouty/sweary community.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 01:56:50 »

One of my fav shows is Dexter, a serial killer with a difference! For anyone watching the latest series, Hello, Dexter Morgan!! what a ending!!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 06:32:05 »

Curb is probably my all time fave comedy.
Although the new series has been a bit of a let down.

Gavin and Stacey is funny.
I though i'd be put off it also after that awful sketch show, but I really enjoyed the last episode.

The Thick Of It is the best BBC comedy since The Office.
Brilliant stuff.

Never watched Jeremy Kyle or Paul O'grady though.
I kind of agree about the Wire, twice i've tried getting into it, but I give up after about 3/4 episiodes.

Other TV shows I love, Spooks & Bones.
Bones is similar to CSI but good.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 07:17:24 »

Although i've just watched the latest episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and though it was brilliant.
The ending was so cringeworthingly funny.

Is cringeworthingly a word?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 08:07:16 »

For me, the best program on TV at the moment is 'Life'. Absolutely superb.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 08:15:10 »

I'd like Gavin and Stacy more if it didn't have Stacy in it; every other character is brilliant...

Other shows I try not to miss are University Challenge (a testing bit of mental exercise), QI, The Fixer (when it's on), and anything Louis Theroux does. Oh, and anything including Dawn Porter - interesting, and she's a fox.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: