Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: ' FIVE OF THE BEST' - Hard Men  (Read 4891 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 20:21:22 »

I know, still reckon it's medication time though.

Oh yeah, shit thanks for reminding me!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 20:27:24 »

I wouldn't have any of them in my top 5. Collins was just a twat ( off the pitch he shat himself when he was playing the big I am and got taken out ) and Bullock was a useless cunt who would only go in hard whewn the ball was 70-30 in his favour. Mackay was hard before he joined us but not very much when he was here - same as McMahon.
What about Wilf Dixon, Frank Burrows, Steve Aizlewood, Brian Williams, Steve Foley, Fat Jack in his early days, Kammy, Jonny Gittens ( already mentioned ), McHale is also a good shout. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 20:50:45 »

Lee fucking Collins my arse. Shit list.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 20:58:27 »

The hardest man on their list would have been Steve McMahon, without a doubt.

Lad at work saw him at the Wootton Bassett (Woodshaw) Tesco's last week, got out of a Porsche 911. Guess he still has a house in Bassett?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 23:16:29 »

Lad at work saw him at the Wootton Bassett (Woodshaw) Tesco's last week, got out of a Porsche 911. Guess he still has a house in Bassett?
Or he just popped down here to nick a flash motor. You can take the lad out of Liverpool ....
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 01:08:52 »

To be fair to their number one choice, I remember finding an old adver when I was moving house 4-5 years ago. It was from the time that we were signing Bullock. The backpage was about how the transfer might be delayed because he was done for assaulting a police officer or something. Long time ago now, but I swear that happened.

But yeah, the lists are bollocks. Lists always are.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 09:41:49 »

I wouldn't have any of them in my top 5. Collins was just a twat ( off the pitch he shat himself when he was playing the big I am and got taken out ) and Bullock was a useless cunt who would only go in hard whewn the ball was 70-30 in his favour. Mackay was hard before he joined us but not very much when he was here - same as McMahon.
What about Wilf Dixon, Frank Burrows, Steve Aizlewood, Brian Williams, Steve Foley, Fat Jack in his early days, Kammy, Jonny Gittens ( already mentioned ), McHale is also a good shout. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Agree 100% to all of that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 10:09:24 »

Rambo - he's your avatar for heaven's sake jj !

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 10:12:48 »

Rambo - he's your avatar for heaven's sake jj !

I had almost forgot him, thanks for pointing out my "doh" stupidity Nev!

Now that really was a hard man, I remember him running the width of the pitch to flatten a winger.....only to be sent off and the look of digust afterwards on his face...like "what did I do wrong?!" against Peterborough I think but I could be wrong.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 20:28:46 »

Shoddy work as ever, in number 5 about Steve McMahon, it says he guided the town to the championship in 96 with the record 102 points.

No Adver, that was 86 with Lou in charge, McMahon may have won the title but got 92 points.

Can't anyone there do a bit of decent research before writing these things...

The Adver have become notorious for these type of inaccuracies and their only sense of STFC history is either the Premier days or 1969 and not a lot in between. There seems to be steady stream of career journos passing through the Adver probably with ambitions to be the next national tabloid football writer. The days of the like's of Clive King who covered the Town for decades and had a true sense of a club's history, the highs and lows, good players and bad ones are long gone. It's easy enough these days with the number of football stats websites etc to get your basic facts right.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 13:55:06 »

Mackay was fat and useless for us, and had no interest in Swindon Town or the supporters.  Why isn't there an article on the five biggest bags of shit associated with Swindon Town.  Mackay would be top of the list.  The players he brought in were hopeless.   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: