Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Henshall has big future - Wilson  (Read 4668 times)
News Monkey

« on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 17:00:07 »

Henshall has big future - Wilson

Swindon manager Danny Wilson is predicting a great future for 15-year-old winger Alex Henshall, who was on the bench against Exeter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8294643.stm
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 17:18:20 »

With Macklin and O'Brien out injured and Marshall out on loan, I wonder if we'll be seeing more of Henshall on the subs bench? Only option for a winger after McNamee and it won't do our chances of getting him to sign a contract any harm. Mind you, just being given a squad number and shirt and being on the bench for a JPT game must be pretty damn cool for a 15 year old.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 07:33:51 »

maybe its just me, but dont you have to have a professional contract to play first team football, and i didn't think you could get one of those till your 16
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 09:35:33 »

maybe its just me, but dont you have to have a professional contract to play first team football, and i didn't think you could get one of those till your 16

It's just you.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 09:41:35 »

http://www.redcafe.net/f40/alex-henshall-266461/

The new Ronaldo!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 09:47:19 »

If we can keep this lad, get to the Championship and he comes good, we could get millions for him.

Hopefully he won't get signed by a bigger club before he gets into the first team on a regular basis.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 09:51:06 »

Southampton got £8m for Walcott in the end and he'd only played in a handful of games for them. But just how good is Henshall? Is he really Walcott style good? Or more McNamee style good? Anyone seen him play?

I can't help but think that if he was that good, Wenger would be all over him by now.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 09:54:59 »

Haha, we're not the only forum who bases opinion on Football Manager Smiley

Can you be a wonderkid at 15? FM says otherwise I believe.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 09:58:51 »

Southampton got £8m for Walcott in the end and he'd only played in a handful of games for them. But just how good is Henshall? Is he really Walcott style good? Or more McNamee style good? Anyone seen him play?

I can't help but think that if he was that good, Wenger would be all over him by now.

Hes English Jonny....hes not a great believer in English talent if you look at his teams.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 10:03:44 »

I hope he stays at Swindon and I personally think it would be more beneficial to him.

The lure of the Premier League, the money and the playboy lifestyle is obviously massive to a kid of his age. But so many youngsters get bought up by Premier League clubs then spewed out again a few years later when they don't make the grade.

It's fairly certain that if he stays with Swindon he'll become the star player within a few seasons (well, If you believe all the hype) all it takes is a few good seasons in the first team and he'll be guaranteed a big money move and first team football, rather than taking the chance of possibly being released.

From what I understand, his father is very pushy and really believes he'll make the grade. According to my sauces, his parents are so confident that he'll make it that he's has had hardly any schooling in the last two years.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 10:07:22 »

I also got told from a source (almost a year ago now) that he's allowed to sit in school with his headphones on and do no work because he's that damn good at football!!

He doesnt need anything else as everyone thinks he'll make it.

Slightly exagerated story I'm sure but ties in with Sams heard.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 10:22:12 »

Hes English Jonny....hes not a great believer in English talent if you look at his teams.

Walcott, Gibbs and Wilshere are all English. It's just that Wenger can pick up decent talent cheaper from abroad.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 10:39:18 »

Let us be honest... There's no way in hell that he'd be in the first team at his age unless this was a last ditch attempt by the club to keep him.

I hope he's good enough now!

He all know that examples of young lower league players who move to the big leagues and fail massively outweigh those who succeed.

Within football the notion of sticking with the club that essentially developed you as a players equates to you having a lack of ambition and doubting your own ability.

Plus the money offered to these kids and their parents are outrageously high.

Leigh Mills went from Tottenham reserves to the fourth tier to free agent amazingly quickly. He could have been 100+ appearances in and our skipper by now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 10:43:19 »

From what I understand, his father is very pushy and really believes he'll make the grade. According to my sauces, his parents are so confident that he'll make it that he's has had hardly any schooling in the last two years.

Can't beleive that's true though I don't doubt you. His mum is a primary school teacher. Should know better Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 17:24:55 »

who needs education anyway?

i bet we lose him for about £250k on a tribunal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: