Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253744 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 20:55:54 »

Portsmouth have moved a step closer to administration with their attempt to have the HMRC winding up petition struck out rejected by the judge, so the hearing will go ahead on the 10th Feb.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 22:52:40 »

Portsmouth have moved a step closer to administration with their attempt to have the HMRC winding up petition struck out rejected by the judge, so the hearing will go ahead on the 10th Feb.

WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They went to court on the premise that they believed that their VAT demand was wrongly calculated.

The summing up basically said that that the process needed to go ahead and that they were given right of appeal by the Judge as he found the case so complicated.

Portsmouth will appeal and get set for this rumbling on for some time.

It is a disputed debt.

Cannot get wound up over a disputed debt
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 22:56:24 »

To be fair Fred he was only quoting pretty much verbatim the summary the BBC gave on the radio news. And not attributing it so he could have blamed them Smiley

Personally, I was shocked to see Northern Rock renew their sponsorship of Newcastle, when surely Pompey would have been a much better fit for their corporate profile
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 23:02:04 »

Personally, I was shocked to see Northern Rock renew their sponsorship of Newcastle, when surely Pompey would have been a much better fit for their corporate profile

I wasn't Paul

Been very much on the undercurrent and rumors in the financial sectors for a couple of months now.

If I was a shareholder then I would be pretty pissed off, but when I look at in the cold light of day, £10 mill for 3 yrs sponsorship in the Prem is cheap as fucking chips.

Good business sense I say (cold heartedly !)

I may not agree with it, but I understand it
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 23:36:15 »

WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The original BBC article didn't say any of that extra stuff, they must have updated it.

It looks like Portsmouth are just arguing the toss about how much they owe. I was under the impression that the amount didn't matter too much in a winding up order, in that it would just proceed with the correct amount if the judge rules less is owing.

Either way, Portsmouth are looking more and more fucked. All the signs are there for them going in to administration or being wound up. Who the fuck is going to invest £50m to save them?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 23:46:31 »

In all honesty I did not get my facts from the BBC website as they are wrong so often.

The amount (as long as it is above £750.00 does not matter, as that is the minimum amount a creditor can apply for a W.U.P)

What does matter is if the debtor disputes the amount or the history of transactions that led to the debt.

Law states that you cannot be wound up over a disputed debt, and this is exactly what Pompy are doing.

They have already launched themselves into the first round of mediation and they will pursue this course for all they are worth, purely to sustain the process.

Whilst "in mediation" this will not be set a new date for court, as it is seen that both parties are trying to reach settlement.

The hearing on 10.02.10 will be adjourned pending the outcome of mediation.

Like I said, expect this to rumble on for some time
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 23:48:44 by Fred Elliot » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 23:52:22 »

I wasn't Paul

Been very much on the undercurrent and rumors in the financial sectors for a couple of months now.

If I was a shareholder then I would be pretty pissed off, but when I look at in the cold light of day, £10 mill for 3 yrs sponsorship in the Prem is cheap as fucking chips.

Good business sense I say (cold heartedly !)

I may not agree with it, but I understand it
I was just taking the opportunity to have a cheap dig at Portsmouth, tbh, I didn't expect a sober analysis of the business case!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 23:54:43 »

oh sorry

been in shit work mode for too long !
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 23:56:53 »

Sort it out Elliot!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 00:00:11 »

yeah, I will when I can grab a couple of hours away from work soapy clitoris wank
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 11:35:22 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8469950.stm

They're so fucked. The best bit about this is that Sol Campbell has image rights. Really?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 11:35:49 »

Now being sued by Sol Campbell for £1.7m in missing payments he claims they owe him...

[EDIT] Doh! Beaten to it by Nemo
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 11:42:16 »

i'm sure campbell really needs that money.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 11:54:32 »

Why is he suing them? Can't he just piggy back the winding up petition issued by HMRC? I was under the impression that any other creditors can join in once its been issued.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 11:55:07 »

Frankly sick to death of the bloated corpulent bullshit that is post premier league / sky football.  Someone needs to go down.  Id rather it was united but if it has to be pompey so be it.  You cant go on frittering away money on shit like john utaka at 80k a week and being rescued by mysterious foreigners or not paying the revenue.  Whether campbell needs the money or not if they owe money and don't have the funds to pay it that is wrong.  I cant get away with it, why should a football club.

I know haven't exactly been the prime example of good practice, but hopefully now we are.

This wake up is needed.  

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: