Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 251376 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #1455 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 18:33:36 »

A totally meaningless gesture by the Football League,to dock Pompey 10 pts this season.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1456 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 20:27:21 »

Not for those that were owed money, who received 2p in the £. Don't know the actual figure but it must be the best part of £100m of debt that Portsmouth have been able to wipe out. Should have been kicked out of the league a long time ago.

I presume that you also think that us being in Admin twice means we should be kicked out of the league?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1457 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 20:34:47 »

Not for those that were owed money, who received 2p in the £. Don't know the actual figure but it must be the best part of £100m of debt that Portsmouth have been able to wipe out. Should have been kicked out of the league a long time ago.

Blimey I've noticed recently that I'm agreeing with a heck of a lot of Jonny's posts. Spot on here too.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1458 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 20:37:01 »

I presume that you also think that us being in Admin twice means we should be kicked out of the league?

JW said our likely punishment by the FL for going into admin was likely to be demotion or to be kicked out of league, so, in comparison, Pompey have got off lightly.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1459 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 21:31:53 »

I think the rules should be changed, you can't back date them.

I've been consistent in my view that clubs (including ours) shouldn't spend beyond their means and more drastic action needs to be taken to stop this from happening. The current 10 point penalty is a joke and a lot of the time has no effect on the clubs league position - for both Coventry and Portsmouth it is meaningless.

Portsmouth have got away with murder, they've ended up in League Two through being shit rather than as a penalty.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #1460 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:02:10 »

Sorry for being negative, but with no substantial investment, I give Portsmouth 2 years before they dont even exist.

Ignore
« Reply #1461 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:25:43 »

JW said our likely punishment by the FL for going into admin was likely to be demotion or to be kicked out of league, so, in comparison, Pompey have got off lightly.

I've not got anything against Portsmouth - actually I quite like the club - but there does seem to be that the 'big' boys get away with more.....

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1462 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:28:20 »

Always found Pompey fans to be complete and utter bellends, well most of them anyway. Much prefer Southampton out of the two. Therefore may their misery continue for a few years yet.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1463 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:48:43 »

Always found Pompey fans to be complete and utter bellends, well most of them anyway. Much prefer Southampton out of the two. Therefore may their misery continue for a few years yet.

Thumbs up to that
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1464 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:58:56 »

I live amongst a lot of both sets of fans, Saints fans are little gloryhunter-ish and generally annony me a lot more than the Pompey lot
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1465 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 07:44:36 »

Pompey are my local team and their fans are passionate - let's face it they go through all they have been through, get relegated and they fill the ground.

Good luck to them I say. If their model works it could well be the blue print for a lot of clubs to come.

And Saints fans have an certain big club arrogance.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1466 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 09:27:33 »

Sorry for being negative, but with no substantial investment, I give Portsmouth 2 years before they dont even exist.

I think they'll be fine next season in L2. The new owners will run it as a football club should be run e.g. they will only spend their turnover not extra investment. But at L2 level with their crowds they'll have a bit more for wages than a lot of other clubs.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1467 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 21:58:49 »

I've not got anything against Portsmouth - actually I quite like the club - but there does seem to be that the 'big' boys get away with more.....

What, like Luton ?

Jesus fucking wept
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1468 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 09:38:43 »

What, like Luton ?

Jesus fucking wept

Except they are not big....they just think they are.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1469 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 12:12:12 »

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/player-by-player-breakdown-of-what-pompey-owe-1-5468027

Got there last parachute payment this season from the Prem years.....some of the stats are here are unreal
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: