Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nanny State Beer...  (Read 1378 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 12:07:52 »

“A brewery has launched a low alcohol beer called Nanny State after being branded irresponsible for creating the UK's "strongest beer".”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8278312.stm

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 12:16:33 »

Its only in this country where alcohol is a problem. Bloody country.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Doore

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 12:23:42 »

I'd like to try that - the strong one, that is.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 12:37:34 »

Its only in this country where alcohol is a problem. Bloody country.

Only if you read the Daily Mail or watch GMTV

We're actually only twelfth out of fifteen in Europe for the heaviest drinkers (a bloody disgrace, we should be much higher)

http://www.forbes.com/2007/11/27/drinking-europe-alcohol-biz-commerce-cx_tvr_1128drinking.html

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Doore

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 12:38:46 »

That's hovering just above relegation.  Its just not good enough.  Teetotallers, you are letting your country down.  To the pub!
flammableBen

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 12:42:43 »

I've got an inkling that BrewDog might be better at creating media attention grabbing controversial gimmicks than they are at brewing delicious beer. I can't think why.
Doore

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 12:53:44 »

I've got an inkling that BrewDog might be better at creating media attention grabbing controversial gimmicks than they are at brewing delicious beer. I can't think why.

Cynic.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 13:16:49 »

Only if you read the Daily Mail or watch GMTV

We're actually only twelfth out of fifteen in Europe for the heaviest drinkers (a bloody disgrace, we should be much higher)

http://www.forbes.com/2007/11/27/drinking-europe-alcohol-biz-commerce-cx_tvr_1128drinking.html

We are number 1 say we are number 1!

'Luxembourg, where residents pound down 15.5 liters of alcohol in a year, on average, ranks first. Close behind are France (14.2 liters), Ireland (also 14.2 liters, a lot more of it from beer), Hungary (12 liters) and the Czech Republic (11.8 liters).'

'Luxembourg taxes beer at just .02 euros per pint, lower than any European country other than Cyprus and Latvia. It has no excise tax on wine'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Doore

« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 13:20:37 »

Interesting that France is right up there, the unresearched brigade often hold up the French way of introducing kids to alcohol early as a reason that they don't drink much as adults.

N.B. I'm not saying don't introduce kids to booze at all, just arguing against the idea that Britain has a mad, feral and drunk society.  Or, in other words, the Daily Mail should do their research and shut up.

I am fully intent on doing no work today.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 16:40:29 »

I think the problem is that we drink all ours on Saturday night whereas the French will have two glasses of wine a day.
Talk Talk

« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 18:19:09 »

Fucking brilliant Brewdog.

Let's have a few more special beers, like:

Peter Mandleson Ale (pink and looks and tastes like a cunt)

One Eyed Snotgobbling PM (green and smells and tastes of piss)

NHS Power Ale (0.0000000000001% ABV)

Thieving Bastard MP Beer (costs £120k a bottle)

Sheeple (65 million bottles produced, all looking the same and made of pure water, not brilliant ale)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: