Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bank Holiday Weekend  (Read 3716 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:26:08 »

I decapitate a rabbit bear grylls style and ate it.  :eatkf:

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 12:55:39 »

I spent the weekend volunteering for charity behind the bar at Leeds festival. Free coach to Leeds from London, free festival ticket, our own camping area with showers, a toilet, and a bar which was open till 3am and only £1.50 a pint, two hot meals a day, and our own entrance to the main arena which meant that we could take as much booze in as we liked (unlike regular punters who are allowed to take in one 500ml bottle of sealed water). We had to do three 6 hour shifts over the festival, but even when we were working we had an amazing view over the main stage with perfect sound.. then at the end of the evening shifts we could take as much lager/cider/spirits/wine as we could carry..

It was a seriously good way to do an arena festival.

Then when we got back to London we spent the evening at the Notting Hill Carnival..

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 13:33:21 »

I spent the weekend volunteering for charity behind the bar at Leeds festival. Free coach to Leeds from London, free festival ticket, our own camping area with showers, a toilet, and a bar which was open till 3am and only £1.50 a pint, two hot meals a day, and our own entrance to the main arena which meant that we could take as much booze in as we liked (unlike regular punters who are allowed to take in one 500ml bottle of sealed water). We had to do three 6 hour shifts over the festival, but even when we were working we had an amazing view over the main stage with perfect sound.. then at the end of the evening shifts we could take as much lager/cider/spirits/wine as we could carry..

It was a seriously good way to do an arena festival.

Then when we got back to London we spent the evening at the Notting Hill Carnival..

Sounds mint that! How does one get invoved?
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:15:25 »

Sounds mint that! How does one get invoved?

http://www.workersbeer.co.uk/

Workers beer operate the bars.. although I got involved directly through my charity.. it might be worth checking out which charities they work with first and approaching them directly.. 

This year the charities received £6.50 for every hour that we worked

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: