Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chalky's clever daughter  (Read 2435 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:37:19 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/6104043/Teenager-gets-100-per-cent-in-11-GCSEs.html

The 16-year-old daughter of a professional footballer and beauty queen has achieved 100 per cent in every single one of 11 GCSEs

Ashley White, 16, even says she taught most of her science GCSEs to herself due to subject clashes.

Miss White, whose parents are a former professional footballer and a former beauty queen, admitted she was shocked when she collected the clean sweep.

Miss White, a student at Brimsham Green School in Yate, Bristol, said: ''It was all quite stressful but obviously these results have meant it was all worth it.

''I can't really believe it. I was predicted good results and worked really hard but you can't take anything for granted and this was beyond anything I could have imagined.

''There was so much expectation I was actually terrified when I was coming in to get my results.

''I worked so hard and now I am just so happy - I can't stop smiling. I am just absolutely elated that all that hard work paid off.''

She achieved the straight A* results in physics, chemistry, biology, maths, English language, English literature, French, history, ICT, religious studies and PE.

Miss White is to study A-levels at the same school and hopes to go to university at Oxford or Cambridge.

She said: ''I taught science to myself because I wanted to take the exams in January so I could concentrate on my other subjects.

''For A-level I want to do maths, further maths, chemistry, history and physics.

''Then I want to go to Oxford or Cambridge University but am not sure what I will study, although I am interested in law and the stock market.''

Her mother Mandy White, 47, who was crowned Miss Luton in 1981, said: ''We were totally astonished by Ashley's results.

''Neither me or my husband excelled academically and we don't really know where she has got her brains from, but we are incredibly proud of her.

''We have taken her out for a celebratory meal and I think one day she wants to go to Oxford or Cambridge, which would be a first for this family.''

Her father Steve, 50, played for nine league clubs including Bristol Rovers, Luton Town, Swindon Town and Cardiff City.

He said: ''We realised seven or eight months ago that Ashley was doing exceptionally well in her science subjects. She is very self-motivated and focused.

''I am surprised and shocked that she achieved such amazing results. I don't really understand how she can not have made a single, miniscule mistake at any point.

''I don't know if it is a precedent but we are astonished.''
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:42:26 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,35604.0.html
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:59:30 »

If I was was as clever as her I'd have spotted that.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 23:50:24 »

She's fit.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 00:10:41 »

She's fit.

You would.
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 08:02:18 »

Miss Luton. Hahahahaha.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 08:04:55 »

Does she pull her shorts up to below her armpits?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 14:54:32 »

Does she pull her shorts up to below her armpits?
haha. maybe she's mastered the offside rule and could teach her dad too
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 12:56:46 »

Miss Luton. Hahahahaha.

It's simply an instruction.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1]   Go Up