Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson says 2 players in the next 24hours  (Read 15690 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 15:53:02 »

His track record would seem to favour his hopes being realised

Very subtle Paul Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 16:12:20 »

Fucking lack of ambition. I was hoping to sign an premier league player on 50K a week, just so we could grab some headlines off Notts County. Pah. Rubbish.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:09:38 »

I remember Hutchinson at Middlesbrough, he'd just made the first team, looked good and then went up to Scotland and disappeared. Could be a good move.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:29:45 »

Boooooo i wanted brian ferry Sad

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:30:19 »

Boooooo i wanted brian ferry Sad

Dance away the heartache Dave.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:34:04 »

Haha, ferry good

Things get better but they never get good
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 19:22:47 »

Perhaps we could avalo(a)n ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 19:54:39 »

Whats with all this wheeling and dealing with jock teams?

O'Brien from Hibs, Cuthbert from Celtic, Ifil to Aberdeen and now these 2 on loan!

Rich Pullen

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 19:56:01 »

Might aswell innit.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 20:36:28 »

It makes sense - most of the SPL is roughly equivalent to League 1 or lower half of the Championship possibly. With a lot of the clubs up there in financial trouble I would imagine you can pick up decent young Scottish players a lot cheaper than their English counterparts if you know where to look (which seems to be Celtic in Swindon's case)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 20:54:18 »

Indeed, apart from maybe 4 teams up there clubs in this league can compete on wages with them.  On our plus side is the potential shop window we provide for higher division sides in England.

Can't really knock any of Wilson's signings so far, even Tope will come good, mark my words.  The raw stuff is there he just needs exposure to proper football.  He's used to nice youth and reserve football with other academy teams all trying to pass the ball around and show what good footballers they are.  Wilson seems to have a good knack of picking up players who just need a little run in a first team before they start to look good.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 20:57:58 »

I think that we need to remember that Celtic practically have the pick (along with Rangers) of the very best of Scottish youngsters & they have a decent record of finding & developing very good players.  If they've come through their academy or coaching set-up we can be pretty sure that they will be able to pass, move into spaces to support team mates & generally know how the game should be played.
Hutchinson is I believe a Nottingham lad.  I'm sure one of the guys I work with knows him & used to play with him or with a family member of his. I'll make enquiries tomorrow but I seem to recall my colleague telling me about him & how at schoolboy level he was playing in the school team with lads 4 -5 years older than him.  Signed by Middlesborough from under Forest's nose & was on the fringe of the Boro first team before he went North.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:14:57 »

As far as I can see, both are very highly rated by followers of Celtic, Ferry especially.  With them both being here until January at least, it gives us the opportunity to bring them in the right way and let them settle, plus we get 4/5 months to keep an eye on the availability of more permanent signings.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 22:18:52 »

I'm quite happy with these two - optimistic at least. Having the extra cover in midfield will be handy when inevitably one of Douglas, Timlin, McGovern, Easton gets injured/suspended.

Jury's still out of LJ-F for now, might've been good to get cover at left back, but I'm happy to trust Wilson's judgement.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 01:23:30 »

For jj and leefer ...  Cheesy

All we need now is Andy Pandy ... when he recovers from Muffin the Mule.

Why is it that Andy Pandy and Brighton and Hove Albion both play in blue and white stripes?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: