Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Premiership  (Read 8503 times)
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 21:59:03 »

aswell as being swindon fans surely we are all football fans aswell? dunno about everyone else but if a prem game or champs league is on tv and im not at a swindon game ill more than likely watch it

i think we all do to be honest
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 22:26:58 »

aswell as being swindon fans surely we are all football fans aswell? dunno about everyone else but if a prem game or champs league is on tv and im not at a swindon game ill more than likely watch it

That's a pretty fair comment.I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way,but if it's on and you're at home,then you'll probably watch.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 22:42:43 »

Lots of lower league fans pretend they hate the Premiership,its a kind of reverse elitism.But surely its where every club and supporter wants to be, otherwise whats the point? Im not overly bothered but I enjoy Match of the Day  and the odd live game.Its entirely ok to support Swindon but also like watching good football as well.
I didn't say I hated it. I said I didn't care who won it. Until Swindon get back into it I will continue to be ambivalent.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 22:47:11 »

I hate it and dont like many of the people who play in it

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 22:53:20 »

I hate it and dont like many of the people who play in it

very strong comment there
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 08:42:16 »

I enjoy it on a "I'll watch MOTD" kind of level, but I get pissed off with anybody who asks me which Premiership team I support, and I do think it is wrong that the top clubs have been allowed to break away into their own financial dreamworld with knock-on effects on the lower divisions. I would be over the moon if Swindon one day managed the great achievement of reaching the top flight again, but I feel the league itself has gone beyond football into being nothing more than a self-glorifying money-making machine.

I'm expecting United to win it again this year, and Man City to break into the top four at best.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 12:51:14 »

Hard to judge from week 1. Chelsea made hard work of Hull, Man Utd looked uninspiring against Brum and Liverpool looked out of sorts against a bright Spurs team. Arsenal looked awesome against Everton but I get this feeling it was just one of those fluke scorelines that have happened all over the football league on opening day.

Going to need a see a few more games before a pattern emerges but for what its worth I think it will be between Chelsea and Liverpool for the top spot. Not going to buy into this Man City breaking into the top 4 as they will still lose more games than the 'big four' will IMO.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 12:55:47 »

I don't think I'm that bothered about football, supporting Swindon is probably some really fucked up mental variation on self harm.

Unfortunalty thats spot on Ben.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 16:29:14 »

Man Utd purely due to balance and depth of squad

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 16:39:05 »

If Arsenal can end up signing Hangelaand and Van Der Vaart they will be well up there i think
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:08:47 »

Benitez will never win the Prem for Scousepool as he's too negative.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Rich Pullen

« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:14:17 »

Watching Swindon Town in the Premiership (as an adult) would be amazing.

I follow the Premiership no more than I keep an eye out on the Championship and League Two.

I have Sky Sports but I had no interest in watching the football on show yesterday.

For what it's worth I think it's an open Championship this season... Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool could win it and in all honesty I think Manchester City are only a couple of denfensive minded players short of being serious contenders. What City have done is no different to Roman Abramovich's early days at Chelsea... They were never going to win a title until he turned up.
Doore

« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:16:32 »

I have to say I don't care what happens in the premiership and am completely ambivalent to the whole thing,  but I will always watch a football match over anything else, from premiership to conference to argentinian highlights.  I just love watching football.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:21:37 »

Since getting Sky & Setanta / ESPN about 6 months ago I've been watching a few live Premier League games a week, and the Champions League matches involving English teams. You don't have to support any of the big teams to enjoy watching them play, there is normally at least one excellent game a week though there is a fair bit of shit as well.

Whilst I'd never call myself a fan, I love watching Arsenal play. When they play at their best no one else comes close, they might not win anything but its great to watch.

I find watching the Premier League helps balance out the shit I watch at the County Ground every fortnight.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:46:48 »

On this topic, I wish the club would give us the League One scores before the Premier League scores.  We are League One, it's more important that we know those scores first.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: