Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 20-20 champions league  (Read 21717 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 11:17:25 »

From the New Zealand Herald

Champions League players to choose their team

NEW DELHI - Players who qualify for more than one team at the inaugural Twenty20 Champions League in India during October can choose which side they will represent.

Organisers clarified the player rules today for the October 8-23 tournament that features 12 provincial teams from seven nations. Several players, including New Zealand's Brendon McCullum, are contracted to two Champions League teams. The event's governing council has allowed both teams to list the players in their provisional squads, after which the player will have to make his decision.

"Players will be given 24 hours to determine which team they wish to represent," said Dean Kino, a member of the governing council. "These rules ensure that players will have a choice, subject to existing contracts, of who they represent."

The council says if a player chooses to represent a team that isn't from his home country, then that team must pay US$200,000 ($303,214) compensation to the home side.

Kino said the compensation package would create significant interest in the lead-up to the final squad announcements. Players eligible to turn out for multiple teams include McCullum, Nathan Bracken, Dirk Nannes, David Warner, Cameron White, Andrew McDonald, Herschelle Gibbs, Farveez Maharoof and Dwayne Smith.

India will have three teams in the competition, with Deccan Chargers and Delhi Daredevils joining Bangalore in the lineup. Australia will play Victoria and New South Wales, South Africa will field Cape Cobras and Diamond Eagles, Trinidad and Tobago will represent West Indies, Otago will be New Zealand's nominee and Sri Lanka will enter Wayamba.

McCullum is eligible for both Otago and New South Wales. Sussex Sharks and Somerset Sabres will be the two English teams after the recently concluded domestic Twenty20 championship.

"In addition to US$6 million in prize money, each team is guaranteed a US$500,000 participation fee," council chairman Lalit Modi said. A total of 23 matches will be played at three Indian venues: Bangalore, New Delhi and Hyderabad.

There are four preliminary groups containing three teams apiece. Two teams from each group will advance to an eight-team round-robin league. The top four teams will then move into the semifinals.

The T20 Champions League was scheduled to begin last year but was postponed in the wake of terrorist attacks in Mumbai.

Group A: Deccan Chargers (India), Somerset Sabres (England), Trinidad and Tobago (West Indies).

Group B: New South Wales Blues (Australia), Diamond Eagles (South Africa), Sussex Sharks (England).

Group C: Royal Challengers Bangalore (India), Cape Cobras (South Africa), Otago Volts (New Zealand).

Group D: Delhi Daredevils (India), Victoria Bushrangers (Australia), Wayamba (Sri Lanka).
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 16:30:04 »

So the good news people is that this is going to be live on eurosport, starts on thursday, have to say im dead excited.  Oh and dmr eat your fucking words about dwayne smith. Oh and reg eat your fucking words about somerset in the pro 40, champions yet again.....
Scot Munroe

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 17:19:01 »

eurosport 2 on thursday i think??
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 17:32:11 »

Has Banger travelled?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 17:48:44 »

So the good news people is that this is going to be live on eurosport, starts on thursday, have to say im dead excited.  Oh and dmr eat your fucking words about dwayne smith. Oh and reg eat your fucking words about somerset in the pro 40, champions yet again.....

Somerset paid for losing a match to the weather... Angry  however I'll take staying in Div 1, over winning a couple of one day pots any day.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 15:13:09 »

It has started by the way on eurosport 2, dont expect any conversation out of me for the next 2 weeks.

bangalore v cape town at the moment. bangalore 36-1 from 5.5 dravid starting to wind his arms up.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 17:53:19 »

cracking opening match 9 needed off last over.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 17:56:30 »

fuck me duminy looked invincible.

I worry for sussex and somerset out here.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 19:19:26 »

fuck me duminy looked invincible.

I worry for sussex and somerset out here.

Enjoyed that, could have done with a few more upskirt shots of the dancing girls, but a minor point.

I thought the same, although naturally I'm not too concerned about Sussex, but for the likes of Trego, Suppiah, Hildreth, it is an opportunity to show a wider audience what they can do.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 21:40:12 »

By the way for those of you that dont have eurosport 2, all the games are on the eurosport player online.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 08:42:04 »

I thought the same, although naturally I'm not too concerned about Sussex, but for the likes of Trego, Suppiah, Hildreth, it is an opportunity to show a wider audience what they can do.

I personally think the two English county sides are in a no lose situation. This tournament is really to make it look like the IPL sides are the best,as they've thrown money on 'star' players, so by the SA side winning yesterday, it put a smile on my face.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 08:53:04 »

New South Wales, should go well.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 09:49:11 »

scandalous that dirty dirk is playing for an indian franchise and not the vics
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 10:31:43 »

The Vics don't mind, they're getting 200k for him supposedly, which is nice money if you can get it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:42:10 »

Smiley Mighty Somerset shove their sabres up Gilchrist's and Symonds arse...sweet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: