Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise Offical Matchday Thread  (Read 38841 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 19:23:06 »

O Brien is a left sided player though Crozzer.

Try him instead of JFL

I would play him instead of Macca in a 4:4:2 set-up, still look for a LFB.

Wilson said in his post-match interview he might have one or two more by Saturday.  Ifil's wages might be used for eventually signing Trundle

« Last Edit: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 19:35:09 by Crozzer » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 19:26:55 »

Nice to see so many TEFfers...Tans, Bennett, Si Pie, Fred, Herthab, Luci, Lucien, Nemo (sorry, son didn't get to say hello), Tails, DV, axs, and someone I missed I'm sure (sorry).  Shame about not winning, but we were the better team, and shame about Fred's house...and what's gonna happen to those who did it...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 19:33:17 »

Lescinel is shite.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 19:38:28 »

Lescinel is shite.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Zzz

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 19:44:12 »

Cheesy
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 20:54:38 »

Nice to see so many TEFfers...Tans, Bennett, Si Pie, Fred, Herthab, Luci, Lucien, Nemo (sorry, son didn't get to say hello), Tails, DV, axs, and someone I missed I'm sure (sorry).  Shame about not winning, but we were the better team, and shame about Fred's house...and what's gonna happen to those who did it...

lucien sanchez!

erm i wasn't overly impressed by either team, but i think MK provided more threat through their pace in either half than our relatively controlled stuff in the first half, the lump ball to our confused strikers in the second.

o'brien probably did himself no favours and didn't get booed where as macklin who was trying to do things did. our fans are benders

lewington alive annoys me

i've not read the rest of this thread apologies for repetitions

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 21:12:39 »

I've tried to read through the thread, but I'll probably restate some points anyway.

There seems to be a lot of negativity around (particularly from those who listened to the Radio, so not sure if Hadwin was in a mood) but I thought that was a lot more like I was expecting our season to be- solid at the back, lots of pace in midfield but no real cutting edge up front. I'm glad Lewington was reasonably okay, was too far away to see the aftermath of the injury but worrying to see all the stretchers and medics on the pitch for so long.

The Team:

Lucas: Pretty good, a few smart stops, good kicking and dealt with crosses very well. 7

LJF: Casual. Very casual at times. Looks like a good athlete but prone to a spot of the Rio Ferdinands 4
Amankwaah: A bit like LJF but better going forwards so he gets 5
Greer: Reads the game well which is essential considering how slow him and Morrison are 6
Morrison: Alright really, thought we wasted the throws though 6

Macklin: Ran around and tried things which didn't come off, I think one or two good games and he'll be away 5.5
McNamee: Similar to Macklin except without the excuse of being a youngster. Had one chance which he should have done a lot better with in the second half 5
JPM: MoM and rightly so, work rate immense, passing good, nearly scored another blinder 8
Douglas: Will pick up a lot of yellow cards but looks a really good player 7
Timlin: Not great, not terrible. Gave it away occasionally then subbed 5

Paynter: Worked hard, didn't really get the service. Clearly would prefer to play with a partner, occasional flick ons to nobody 7

Subs:

Toby (The guy from Bolton) Looked quick and tried hard, not really enough time to judge 5.5
O'Brien: Stupidly quick, otherwise looked poor 5
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 21:32:01 »

Nemo I pretty much think your summing up is spot on, and in reply to Bennett I didn't hear anybody booing Macklin.  The boy tried hard, but I fear will not be ready just yet for League one action.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 21:45:27 »

I was going to provide an in depth reply with my views on today's game. But to be honest, the same as the players, I can't be arsed. Plus I can sum it up nicely by saying it was all the same old shit as last season but with a new strip and a few new faces.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 22:13:03 »

you missed me, but i was sat in the corner with fatbury!
flammableBen

« Reply #160 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 22:15:40 »

You missed me because I wasn't there. Disaster.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 22:31:05 »

you missed me, but i was sat in the corner with fatbury!

Ah, but we've never been introduced (same applies to Fatbury) so I don't know you - unless you were the girl going into the toilet with Si Pie?  Also, Lucien Sanchez is there, I was just lazy and didn't write his second name.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 22:35:37 »

unless you were the girl going into the toilet with Si Pie? 

She loves Si's new emo look
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 22:48:49 »

Not heard anything official but that's what the guy in the ticket office reckoned (and let's face it, that's far more definitive than any official source). Unconscious on the pitch apparently and straight to hospital with suspected broken neck. Although you could see it was something like that, the time they took not wanting to move him, the special stretcher and taking him straight out to the ambulance etc. Like I say, let's hope he's OK, it sounds nasty

EDIT: OK, should have waited for stfc11's post! If it is just concussion, fuck him

Paul, Your Edit made me chuckle, a lot!

Apart from that, Nemo, I agree with your match report!  Pretty Much!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
flammableBen

« Reply #164 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 22:52:40 »

I've tried to read through the thread, but I'll probably restate some points anyway.

There seems to be a lot of negativity around (particularly from those who listened to the Radio, so not sure if Hadwin was in a mood) but I thought that was a lot more like I was expecting our season to be- solid at the back, lots of pace in midfield but no real cutting edge up front. I'm glad Lewington was reasonably okay, was too far away to see the aftermath of the injury but worrying to see all the stretchers and medics on the pitch for so long.

I think the radio negativity is more to do with the fact is was boring as fuck to listen to. The forever wait with Hadwin rabbiting about how terrible it is that someone is injured badly blah blah blah didn't help. After a while I was hoping the physio would trip up and stamp on the blokes throat or something just so there'd be an event to liven things up.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: