Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise Offical Matchday Thread  (Read 38905 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:53:20 »

Fucking hell !

Slash my wrists !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day folks we looked very solid in our own half against (I am loathed to admit) a good side that will put a lot of teams to the sword this season.

I bet a penny to a pinch of shit everybody to a man on here would love half of their players in our team.

It was a solid performance and apart from not scoring (thanks Reg, my little ray of sunshine !) we did what we had to do.

I guess a lot of you are forgetting the shambles of last week
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:54:55 »

I bet you'd love Puncheon in our team eh Fred?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:58:35 »

yes

and Easter

both cunt's but they would be our cunts
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:58:46 »

I didnt think it was that bad. End of the day its a clean sheet, something we struggled to attain last season. No we didnt really look like scoring but we didnt really pass through midfield we lobbed the ball forward which I don't think is going to work unless we get a decent targetman. We drew 0-0 against a team who will be up there at the end of the season so not all bad.

The "Lesh" has to be one of the worst leftbacks I have ever seen play for STFC though.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:59:11 »

Just came back from the game and was pleasaently surpirsed with Town,

Was the first game in ages where i felt comfortable with the defence, and the addition of Douglas has added the solidity in front of the back 4.

Up front we lacked that cutting edge.

Cant see Franchise having a promootion challenge based on that showing.

Shows how far we have come since the MM days. Deffo heading in the right direction and there's plenty of time to get the attacking side of things sorted out.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:03:06 »

Makes me laugh really. You cant expect the team to go from shit to fantastic over night especially as we sold our top goal scorer

some good points today
- Clean Sheet
- Defence looked a bit more solid
- Seemed to be a bit more communication
- Our passing seemed a bit better

I personally am happy with the draw and feel we can push on from this. I guess our expectations were raised with the 4-1 thumping but a decent result against a decent team!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:04:25 »

Makes me laugh really. You cant expect the team to go from shit to fantastic over night especially as we sold our top goal scorer

some good points today
- Clean Sheet
- Defence looked a bit more solid
- Seemed to be a bit more communication
- Our passing seemed a bit better

I personally am happy with the draw and feel we can push on from this. I guess our expectations were raised with the 4-1 thumping but a decent result against a decent team!

Great post Gazza
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:07:32 »

Today just highlighted we desperately need an attacking midfielder and a striker. Of the current midfield only McGovern and Douglas deserve their place. Timlin is a waste of time as really he's just a not so good version of Douglas and McNamee had one of his lazy days. Macklin definitely isn't ready either so a lot of hard work still do for us.

I don't think that Macklin or Timlin will start On Tuesday, expect 4:4:2 with Obladi Obladah up front with Billy.  In midfield, O'Brien, McGovern, and Douglas  plus possibly Macca.  I would worry about the left side, though, with Macca and JFL.  The alternative would be Cuthbert at R.B., Manky in right midfield but that is shades of Gillingaham.

So same defence, and the two strikers that ended the game, with Douglas and McGovern in center midfield, O'Brien right midfield, and somebody ready to immediately replace Macca if he is a lazy sod.

We need three players, a striker (possibly some one in the directors box, Trundle, Ronny Biggs or Kenny Lynch), a left full back and a left midfielder.

Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:12:14 »

Point each was fair I think !

I don't think Franchise look that good though, certainly on that performance and their mounting injuries may see them struggling (I hope). We on the other hand as has been said had very little creativity and will find it tough unless players like Timlin and Macnamee turn it on more than 1 in 5 games.
Pluses though were JPM's performance and general defending.

Thought the Ref was annoying too !
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:12:34 »

I'd rather not have Lescinel playing on Tuesday - he's looked poor so far. However, I'm not sure if Kennedy is ready yet as a replacement, especially against a team like Southampton. A tough call for Wilson I think.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:13:58 »

Not a good game but a clean sheet. Lucas made a couple of good saves. Both full backs were crap and the threat always came down the wings. Greer and Morrison were alright. Morrison is still learning so he should be cut some slack. Douglas was pretty good, put himself about with some good taclkes.Timlin - pretty rubbish. JPM star man by a country mile. I hated him under Malpas but Wilson seems to be getting the best out of him - if only he had a bit of pace. McNamee and Macklin were poor but again lets cut Macklin a bit of slack. Paynter worked bloody hard and will enjoy his pint this evening.
The subs didn't really work. Neither got into the game at al but both are new.
Overall, the team is definitely work in progress.
With the wingers we've got I'd still like to see someone alongside Douglas with a work rate who can tackle. Its a big season for Timlin.
I hope Lewington is OK - that just didn't look good.    
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:15:13 »

I'm a bit 50-50. Came away disappointed, but mainly because it was a crap game. We did look pretty solid at the back and was pleased with that, would have taken the point if you'd asked me beforehand, JPM played well, Greer was solid, Lucas commanded the back line etc etc. But it was awful to watch. It was a crap game between two (on the day) not very good but not very bad either teams. Which doesn't mean we're a not very good team all the time, just we weren't very good today. Or especially bad. I take nothing out of today in terms of how we'll do this season and if I were to there's as many positives as negatives, so I'm not especially unhappy with the result or what it says about chances but I just wish hadn't been there watching it.

Oh and Ince seems to have fashioned a team modelled in the image of the "club" itself - dirty, thieving, whining cheats. Although I hope Lewington doesn't turn out to be a broken neck and that he recovers
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:16:00 »

O Brien is a left sided player though Crozzer.

Try him instead of JFL
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:19:10 »

Although I hope Lewington doesn't turn out to be a broken neck and that he recovers

I dont think the people around me appreciated my sing songs during the lull for the injury
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 18:19:20 »

So what are they saying about Lewington?  Is it a suspected broken neck?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: