Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ifil on trial with Aberdeen today  (Read 26480 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:09:25 »

Surely he can only play for them if we've released him from his contract? Or already sold him...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:10:00 »

Good point Sam, you can get permission from the club I believe.

200+ games for Swindon says he has my respect... I'd wish him well at Aberdeen if Mark McGhee wanted to purchase Ifil but I wouldn't be gutted to see him go

As long as we don't enter September another man down within our already weak(ish) squad
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:16:23 »

Considering he was on the bench for us yesterday, it seems quite implausible that he's in Aberdeen today.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:18:30 »

It would be a cracking coincidence/wind-up with it wasn't him though Smiley

I hope it didn't effect Wilson's judgement RE: substitutions yesterday. It almost certainly did (not that it would have made a massive difference)
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:25:23 »

They can't be on about our Jerel Ifil, surely? Unless Scottish football is a lot worse than I thought it was...

The praise for Ifil on RedTv was unreserved.

Ifil is nicknamed The Beast? Got to be a good sign, we desperately need a few hard bastards.

according to Red TV Ifil looks a good player

text from my loon saying that Ifil is getting stuck in, playing pretty basic football but doing it well.
lambourn red

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:28:58 »

Considering he was on the bench for us yesterday, it seems quite implausible that he's in Aberdeen today.

He is not they are away to Hull in a friendly!!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:30:06 »

This surely can't be true?  Ifil isn't as bad as some make out, short memories hey and seeing as we did let in 5 yesterday, I wouldn't be letting any central defenders go anywhere until we know whether what we currently have can make the grade.

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:30:37 »

Meh. Aberdeen.. Hull... they're both far enough north to be considered Scotland in my book.
lambourn red

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:35:07 »

So that is 3 strikers, a left back, a creative midfielder and now a pacy centre back we require. I hope DW has plenty of irons in the fire because come 31st of august if we have not strengthened we are in for a long hard winter.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:44:00 »

This surely can't be true?  Ifil isn't as bad as some make out, short memories hey and seeing as we did let in 5 yesterday, I wouldn't be letting any central defenders go anywhere until we know whether what we currently have can make the grade.

I remember he was quite bad for most of last season. Ifil seems to suffer from the Brezovan/Easton scenario too - fans remember the decent performances and not the bad, until he actually plays that is.

Sure, he has his moments and he's not rediculously bad, but given we have a lot of options at centre back it makes sense to get rid of someone. Aljofree wouldn't pass anyone's fitness test right now so Ifil would be the natural choice to release.

A thread which proves this point is this one here, following our terrible loss to Cheltenham. When Ifil returned to the team matters did not improve:

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,29913.0.html
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:47:59 »

Maybe ex Shithead Lee Miller is coming to us in a swap deal!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:49:22 »

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be so quick to let him go anywhere as our defence obviously lacked something pretty major yesterday.  I wasn't there so can't comment on tactical stuff, and am not saying Ifil is the answer to our problems at all, just a bit concerned of what is the answer to that defensive disaster.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:52:47 »

So that is 3 strikers, a left back, a creative midfielder and now a pacy centre back we require.

Well we coped the whole of last season without a decent "pacy centre back", so what makes you think we need one now?

[Edit : whoops, I put "with" instead of "without".]
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 17:06:23 by jonny72 » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 17:03:55 »

we nearly went down ffs thats not coping
lambourn red

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 17:07:54 »

Well we coped the whole of last season with a decent "pacy centre back", so what makes you think we need one now?

If Ifil goes then who do we have with any pace at the back ? we were woefully exposed yesterday when the opposition have a bit of pace, Ifil with a decent talker/distributor like Greer is good player but when he is partnered with in experience of Morrison then we have seen the the bad side of him. With Aljofree out for a few months who comes in when greer or Morrison are injured suspended ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: