Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: looking ahead...  (Read 6858 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 17:28:26 »

so, the general consensus yesterday is that wilson started with the wrong team and/or formation which led to all kinds of nonsense.  we have another game imminent where we can make things right, so what team would you pick?

operating on the assumption we don't get another striker in by tuesday.

I didn't go yesterday, however I'm clueless as to who i'd pick after that drubbing. Sad
Spencer_White

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 21:58:26 »

There are no real options up front or at left back highlighting our squad weakneses.. I think Macklin should start, either right wing or up front.

Cuthbert isnt ready and Amankwaah should go to right back.

This is a crucial team sheet for Wilson. He must get things right and fast.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 21:59:44 »

I think we should bring in Rampraka...oh wait.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 22:01:46 »

4-4-2 with O'brien and macca on the wings and Macklin up front with paynter. Everything else more or less the same as I reckon he just tried a particular system and it didn't work out.

Yep. Spot on.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 22:11:29 »

I'd imagine that DW will want a much more solid look to the team,with a game plan that all the
players are familiar and comfortable with.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 10:19:36 »

if I had to pick the team for the next game...

Smith

Amankwaah
Greer
Morrison
Lescinel

JPM
Timlin
Douglas
McNamee

Paynter
Macklin
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 17:22:51 »

Get kev away from right mid and put JPM in or anyone who looks like they might want the ball. Cuthbert is not ready, stick him in the reserves for two weeks. I'd rather see kennedy at left back than lescinel after saturday.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 17:27:08 »

My concern is keeper changes some have mentioned.  We went wrong last year as we chopped and changed and never let one settle which then in turn knocked the stuffing out of both of them.  I cannot bear to see that happen again.

Confidence wise, they must be pretty shot after Saturday and Cuthbert sounds like he needs a couple of games in the ressies to settle/get back into the swing of things.

On reflection, I'd go Mank, Greer, Morrison and Lescinel - that looked fine before and can't just go from looking pretty solid to utter shite in one game.

The remainder I'd go with same as DV, however possibly give Lucas another chance.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 17:34:40 »

I see your point Luc, I'd rather we stayed with the same keeper. After the end of last season I still think Smith should be number 1.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 17:48:35 »

Lucas didn't do much wrong for any of their goals.

It would be wrong to change the goalkeeper.

Also, Macklin shouldn't be anywhere near the side.

Bring in Easton, pack the midfield, and tell Nature Boy and Douglas to get beyond the striker at every available opportunity.
Swindon_red

« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 18:12:08 »

Well I think Macklin has done enough during pre-season to earn his place, yes he is still young/learning but at least he has a bit of a buzz about him and if he starts popping goals in like he did last year for the youth/reserves then it will be happy days all round.
JPC82

« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 18:14:21 »

Well I think Macklin has done enough during pre-season to earn his place, yes he is still young/learning but at least he has a bit of a buzz about him and if he starts popping goals in like he did last year for the youth/reserves then it will be happy days all round.

agreed, if hes given the service this boy can finish
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 18:22:07 »

I see your point Luc, I'd rather we stayed with the same keeper. After the end of last season I still think Smith should be number 1.

I agree with you on that point, however testament to PS as you never hear him moaning and whinging, just gets on with it and works hard to get his place.  Such a confidence player though and very glad he didn't start this season as a 5-0 drubbing could have had an awful effect on him.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 18:46:16 »

i'd love to see macklin given a chance whilst we're lacking strikers, he might be young and raw but he's better than nowt.

i don't see how we can go into a home game with only one up front...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 19:06:46 »

i'd love to see macklin given a chance whilst we're lacking strikers, he might be young and raw but he's better than nowt.

i don't see how we can go into a home game with only one up front...
He did well enough in the friendlies to show he's an adequate stop-gap until we get somebody else in. I was surprised he didn't start on Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: