Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Todays Cricket  (Read 5298 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 20:03:25 »

Surrey won thou  Yes

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 21:28:42 »

and saw a fanstastic game, albeit we lost.

Glos, one day kings? wank wank wank
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 21:34:30 »

Disappointing but not surprising to see Somerset fail to defend such a huge score

In both the games I played this weekend we lost. 1sts v Stone; scored 15 and Development Cup v Frocester; scored 20. Two starts and failed to go on with them both.

Last Tuesday we went through to the Cotswold Evening Cup quarter finals after beating Cricklade under my captaincy. We've got the first Evening League game on Wednesday

Did you play this weekend Dave?
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 21:41:11 »

Yeah we got dicked mate

I managed 35 though, out of 110  Cool  And conceded only 3 byes in a total of 250+

Plus I'm getting reported to the league officials  Cheesy
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 21:43:37 »

Superb  :nono:  :advercool:

For doing what exactly?
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 21:46:03 »

The opener (on 10, went on to get 71) started to play a drive and pulled away, thus running the ball along the face of his bat, straight to me.

He knew he hit it and started to walk. Changed his mind and turned back- as the umpire said not out.

I called him a fucking cheating wanker. Loudly.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 22:00:10 »

Wow cricklade have a cricket team. :jaw1  I guess that's Tom Fullalove who was out for 1. I know his sister, he always used to be a bit of a twat.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 22:07:09 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Disappointing but not surprising to see Somerset fail to defend such a huge score

In both the games I played this weekend we lost. 1sts v Stone; scored 15 and Development Cup v Frocester; scored 20. Two starts and failed to go on with them both.

Last Tuesday we went through to the Cotswold Evening Cup quarter finals after beating Cricklade under my captaincy. We've got the first Evening League game on Wednesday

Did you play this weekend Dave?

Did you play at Frocester?

I've spent many a happy hour at the ground there....when they used to go a long way in the village thing.....had a bird who lived nearby and used to pedal out on a Sunday as you could get a beer as the pubs closed at 2:00.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 22:10:07 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Wow cricklade have a cricket team. :jaw1  I guess that's Tom Fullalove who was out for 1. I know his sister, he always used to be a bit of a twat.

Yeah that's Tom. I've played against him for years and always got on really well with him.

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Did you play at Frocester?

Nah, it was at home. I plyaed there a couple of years backfor the U16s though.

Man for man we were as good as if not better than Frocester but performed horrifically.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 22:22:02 »

bloody somerset! it was rubbish bowling. Rob Turner was captain which i have nothing against but at the death he put the two youngsters on. Andrew and (someone) instead of using Keith Parsons who is experienced. Cost us the game at the death.  :x well, i was planning on going today and i would have seen some quality batting as you always do down at taunton.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 22:24:43 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i would have seen some quality batting as you always do down at taunton.

No, you'd have seen average batsmen (apart from Hildreth) take advantage of a brilliant track and tiny boundaries as you always do down at taunton
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 22:27:37 »

exactly, you see alot of runs, its good.  :-))(  Watching Blackwell on there in form is class though.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 22:30:43 »

yeah but seeing a lot of runs doesn't equate to good batting

but i know what you mean, its just your use of wording was dogshit but then its to be expected
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 23:01:32 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

Yeah that's Tom. I've played against him for years and always got on really well with him.

ha he's probably alright now that was over 5 years ago and he's a few years younger than me.

Have you ever played against James Giles? Their website says he was in the 2nd xi last year.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 09:49:33 »

Don't think so
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: