Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Cuthbert  (Read 22754 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 17:53:18 »

I think Larwood has the best reasoning to be impressed with the signing  Yes

Puts me in mind of Walter the Softie for some reason. Cool

/
W56196272
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 17:58:09 »

I met most of the signings this season with a great big 'meh' and this is no different.

We've seen Greer play so we know what he's all about and I'm happy with that signing.

David Lucas I've seen a few times. He played well against us this season and in fairness probably kept Leeds in that game at one point. Before they scored their free kick we were all over them. Dont think he is any better than Smith.

O'Brien never heard of and never seen play, for some reason I just dont have high hopes of him at all and I think he will be pretty poor. Can see JPM and McNamee being our wingers next season (if we play with wingers)

Douglas again like Lucas seen a few times and has always looked a pretty decent player but if he was that good would Leeds have got rid of him? He's left a promotion chasing L1 club to come to a mid table L1 club. Cant really be a top L1 player can he? Good addition for us but not as good as others seem to be making out.

Cuthbert like O'Brien never seen or heard of him before we were linked with him. Although I do think he will be decent but like O'Brien being poor I'm basing this on gut feeling and nothing more.

Douglas turned down a contract at Leeds and chose to leave, read the below link:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-United-Another-year-at.5343336.jp
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 18:08:07 »

It's just not possible for us to sign good players...there has to be something wrong with them to want to lower themselves to come to Swindon...apparently Roll Eyes
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #93 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:24:35 »

To be fair, if Celtic and Rangers did join the League, they'd be mediocre to begin with but they have the support base to out-earn and outspend every team outside the top four and Manchester City when given the Premiership TV money in addition.
What, like Newcastle.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:26:27 »

What, like Newcastle.

Lets face it, on the few occasions in the last decade Newcastle haven't been hilariously mismanaged (just Bobby Robson then really) they've been competitive.
Spencer_White

« Reply #95 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:32:35 »

What, like Newcastle.

To be honest, I think there are only 2 cities in Britain that really live and breath football. Liverpool and Glasgow.

Mark Hateley summed it up well, said it was a place that gets under your skin.

Its not all about money.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #96 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:32:44 »

They royally fucked up binning Robson. Celtic and Rangers would struggle to survive in the Prem. Even when the money flowed they'd still be uncompetitive. Ten years ago maybe but not now, The Prem has moved on a shitload while Jock football has gone backwards. They'd be competing with the Fulhams and Blackburns not the top 6.  
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:38:45 »

It's just not possible for us to sign good players...there has to be something wrong with them to want to lower themselves to come to Swindon...apparently Roll Eyes

To be fair, are you suprised? I do believe that Wilson, Fitton et al are doing a superb job in selling the club to the right individuals, but every so often it does cross my mind "I wonder what's wrong with him? What is his dark secret?", in regards to new signings. Will Jonathan Douglas eventually be rumbled as the season goes on for having a wooden knee? Maybe Cuthbert has no little toes and as such, no balance, they just didin't notice in Scotland due to the all-round poor standard of football. My biggest fear is that David Lucas may not have any fingers, just thumbs, and fills his gloves with sausages in the finger holes so as not to be found out.

Which is why he wears his goalie gloves everywhere, even formal events for the club.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:53:30 »

Celtic and Rangers would struggle to survive in the Prem.

I reckon they'd struggle in The Championship to begin with. They wouldn't be used to playing quality opposition week in, week out and they'd pretty much have to rebuild their teams from scratch. Not sure their support would hang around either, would they be happy watching a team that wins nothing and is facing relegation battles?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 20:26:17 »

To be fair, are you suprised?
No. But in time people are going to have to come round to the idea that the club is getting back on its feet again. Diamond Mike has gone. Fitton is in charge. For the first time in the history of the club we are actually being run properly. We have a decent manager. It's a different club now. Good times are ahead. I've started writing. In very short. Sentences for some. Reason.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 20:28:14 »

To be honest, I think there are only 2 cities in Britain that really live and breath football. Liverpool and Glasgow.

Mark Hateley summed it up well, said it was a place that gets under your skin.

Its not all about money.
Newcastle does not 'live and breath football'?  You cannot be serious.
Spencer_White

« Reply #101 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 20:47:31 »

Newcastle does not 'live and breath football'?  You cannot be serious.

Not really. Look at the attendances in cup competitions.

The drones just love their Premier League season tickets.

Rangers got to the UEFA cup final 14 months ago. Struggle my arse.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 13, 2009, 20:51:42 by Spencer_White » Logged
Doore

« Reply #102 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 21:18:54 »

Looks like a good signing.  Things are looking pretty good now.  Just a striker or two and we'll be looking good.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:09:21 »

Looks like a good signing.  Things are looking pretty good now.  Just a striker or two and we'll be looking good.

I keep thinking you are Dazzza with that avatar.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:37:24 »

Not really. Look at the attendances in cup competitions.

The drones just love their Premier League season tickets.

Rangers got to the UEFA cup final 14 months ago. Struggle my arse.

Exactly Spence some of the comments reference the old firm here are so deluded its unreal.

Both Celtic and Rangers have reached the UEFA cup final in recent years.

With the additional finance from TV etc they would be challenging for top 8 no problems.

Scottish football has not moved backwards at all you just have to look at how the national side ran France and Italy close in the last qualifiers.

Back to the original topic cant some people actually enjoy some optimism for a change instead of anticipating the worst outcome.  Douglas turned down a contract at Leeds and joined us, Greer is solid as we saw last season, O'Brien has been capped 6 times which suggests he has something about him, Cuthbert has captained and represented Scotland at various levels and Lucas is a solid lower league keeper.  For the love of god liven up if we get decent strikers this has been a great summer of transfers.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: