Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Squad for next season so far....  (Read 23173 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:52:15 »

Happy with the signings to date - well done DW and board.

Personally I would like to see us signing a really good, creative attacking midfielder, another couple of wingbacks and 2 strikers. If we can continue signing quality like Douglas then I think we could be in for a good season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:10:22 »

I don't think we should be worrying about Macca's inability to defend as long as we have a decent left back in place. DW has said that O'Brien is good defensively, as is Douglas and Timlin and Easton (on their day), so as long as we have the understanding and capability to shuffle a bit if we're under a bit of pressure, we shouldn't be using Macca to defend anyway...Coxy would have had another 5 goals last year, if he didn't have to use up some of his energy putting defenders under pressure...on the flip-side, guess thats why we loved him.....damn that man ;-)
Doore

« Reply #107 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 10:45:04 »

Douglas seems a great signing to me, and I'll say it again, if we are patient, we will probably see a couple more decent signings.  The wasn't, and still isn't, any need to panic.  The right signings take time.  People were bemoaning missing out on OTJ, but have we not just signed a far superior player?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 10:46:31 »

Douglas seems a great signing to me, and I'll say it again, if we are patient, we will probably see a couple more decent signings.  The wasn't, and still isn't, any need to panic.  The right signings take time.  People were bemoaning missing out on OTJ, but have we not just signed a far superior player?

Agreed with this post, I am more than happy to be patient as Wilson keeps getting the right players.  I don't think he has made a poor signing since joining us.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 11:31:23 »

Happy with the signings to date - well done DW and board.

Personally I would like to see us signing a really good, creative attacking midfielder, another couple of wingbacks and 2 strikers. If we can continue signing quality like Douglas then I think we could be in for a good season.

With Douglas in there now is there any chance that JPM could move into the middle?  He's not looked to be the right player for a CM birth before but that extra bite in there his vision might be a good foil for Douglas.

I'm not saying this would deffo work but it's more likely to now i think.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 15:33:38 »

With no-one else coming in, we can still field a have decent side that could in my opinion finish mid table.

......................Lucas
Amankwaah..Greer..Morrison..Timlin/Aljofree
O'Brien..Douglas..Easton/Timlin..McNamee
.................Paynter..Peacock

That's not including Ifil, McGovern and Phil Smith who could all do a job.

I expect they'll be a few more in, so things are looking good I think.

You've missed out Jean-Francois....from what Wilson has said I think he rates him for left back.

Ideally you want 4 strikers, we've got 1, ergo this will rightly be a priority.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 15:42:33 »

You've missed out Jean-Francois....from what Wilson has said I think he rates him for left back.

Don't forget Kennedy either, its possible that between them Wilson thinks left back is sorted.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 15:47:15 »

Don't forget Kennedy either, its possible that between them Wilson thinks left back is sorted.

I haven't, I've defended him from the TEF boo boys before now.  Smiley
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #113 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 15:55:16 »

Or we could sign a new Rb and play anankwah on the left.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 16:30:54 »

Ok so this is what we have for next season so far....

David Lucas, Phil Smith
Hasney Aljofree, Kevin Amankwaah, Yinka Casal, Jerel Ifil, Lecsinel Jean-Francois, Gordan Greer, Sean Morrison
Alan OBrien, Jon Paul McGovern, Macca, Michael Timlin, Craig Easton, Mark Marshall, Lloyd Macklin
Billy Paynter, Lee Peacock

When you add Douglas, Kennedy, Hammonds, Scott and Thompson to that list we're up to 23 players on pro contracts. Isn't that about the number of players they've said they want?

Obviously we need a couple of strikers but beyond that, will they bring more in without offloading someone first?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 16:35:06 »

Kennedy is on a pro contract??
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #116 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 16:41:41 »

Yep
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 16:54:10 »

Haven't seen alot of him but he always seemed abit lightweight.
Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 16:59:42 »

my line up for next season would be

Lucas

Amankwaah    Morrison        Greer        Lescinal

Douglas

O'Brien                    Timlin              McNamee

Paynter        Huh?? (ideally a quick striker who is a potent finisher like simon cox)

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 17:07:20 »

Kennedy is on a pro contract??

He's 20, so must have been on a pro contract for a couple of seasons now. Made his debut in the 07/08 season.

In the couple of home games he played last season I reckon he was looking close to being ready, at least worth being giving a decent run to see what he's capable of.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: