Pages: 1 ... 945 946 947 [948] 949 950 951 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4340490 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #14205 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 17:59:56 »

Doyle scored for Bolton at Rotherham today, who won courtesy of 2 goals from another ex STFC forward Michael Smith.

All the way from Ireland? That is impressive.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #14206 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 16:38:22 »

Obika and Diagouraga both on the scoresheet as Morecombe come from 3 nil down to lead vs Donny..
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14207 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 16:47:32 »

Obika and Diagouraga both on the scoresheet as Morecombe come from 3 nil down to lead vs Donny..

Was it blowing a gale or something, 3-0 down at half time, turn around and they score 4
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #14208 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:08:12 »

Aden Flint sent off after the full time whistle.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14209 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:10:56 »

Flint said, "no,no,no"Pint

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #14210 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 18:11:55 »

Aden Flint sent off after the full time whistle.
Flint said, "no,no,no"Pint
I would still like to see us have another player like Flint. He is one of the best headers of the ball that I've seen at the club.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14211 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 18:14:46 »

Agreed but I can't see one being on Garners radar

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14212 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 13:16:16 »

Nice article from Fjortoft

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jan/05/jan-age-fjrtoft-i-almost-get-tears-when-i-talk-about-my-first-swindon-goal
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14213 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 14:40:36 »

It is, but bizarre at the end as it just seems to stop, I was scrolling down expecting there to be more.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #14214 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 14:42:45 »

It is, but bizarre at the end as it just seems to stop, I was scrolling down expecting there to be more.

Agree - scrolled down expecting the Man City preview or at least a mention, but was an abrupt end.

The Killer article posted recently was fantastic too, thanks to whoever put that up! What a character, lived at Lechlade on a boat during his town days I believe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14215 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 14:58:27 »

It stopped because the Guardian was asking me for a donation/subscription. I presume that was plonked on top of the end of the article.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #14216 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 15:05:00 »

It stopped because the Guardian was asking me for a donation/subscription. I presume that was plonked on top of the end of the article.

granuid just pester but don't pay wall I think, or at least didn't used to.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14217 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 15:07:09 »

This is what appears at the end when I open the article

‘As 2022 begins, and you're joining us from Greece, there’s a new year resolution we’d like you to consider. We’d like to invite you to join more than 1.5 million people in 180 countries who have taken the step to support us financially – keeping us open to all, and fiercely independent.
In 2021, this support sustained investigative work into offshore wealth, spyware, sexual harassment, labour abuse, environmental plunder, crony coronavirus contracts, and Big Tech. It enabled diligent, fact-checked, authoritative journalism to thrive in an era of falsehood, sensation, hype and breathtaking misinformation and misconception.
In 2022, we’ll be no less active, with a cluster of elections (France, Brazil, the US to say the least), economic pinch points, the next phase of the pandemic, the gathering climate emergency and the first ‘winter World Cup’ to keep us busy.
With no shareholders or billionaire owner, we can set our own agenda and provide trustworthy journalism that’s free from commercial and political influence, offering a counterweight to the spread of misinformation. When it’s never mattered more, we can investigate and challenge without fear or favour.
Unlike many others, Guardian journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. While others commoditise information, we seek to democratise it. Greater numbers of people can keep track of global events, understand their impact, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Guardian from as little as €1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.‘
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14218 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 15:11:31 »

This is what appears at the end when I open the article

‘As 2022 begins, and you're joining us from Greece, there’s a new year resolution we’d like you to consider. We’d like to invite you to join more than 1.5 million people in 180 countries who have taken the step to support us financially – keeping us open to all, and fiercely independent.
In 2021, this support sustained investigative work into offshore wealth, spyware, sexual harassment, labour abuse, environmental plunder, crony coronavirus contracts, and Big Tech. It enabled diligent, fact-checked, authoritative journalism to thrive in an era of falsehood, sensation, hype and breathtaking misinformation and misconception.
In 2022, we’ll be no less active, with a cluster of elections (France, Brazil, the US to say the least), economic pinch points, the next phase of the pandemic, the gathering climate emergency and the first ‘winter World Cup’ to keep us busy.
With no shareholders or billionaire owner, we can set our own agenda and provide trustworthy journalism that’s free from commercial and political influence, offering a counterweight to the spread of misinformation. When it’s never mattered more, we can investigate and challenge without fear or favour.
Unlike many others, Guardian journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. While others commoditise information, we seek to democratise it. Greater numbers of people can keep track of global events, understand their impact, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Guardian from as little as €1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.‘

Is that the yellow thing, you can just close that with an x (or is it a button I don't remember) - like the one on the Indy which says 'I'll Try later'....
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #14219 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 20:21:47 »

Agreed but I can't see one being on Garners radar

This aged well.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 947 [948] 949 950 951 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: