Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [F1] British Grand Prix, 2009 and FIA, FOTA, FOM Fued  (Read 3662 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 14:12:29 »

So Button must be favourite then, though RBR are looking impressive today. But Friday is never a true indicator.

Interesting to see the FOTA 8 are looking at a breakaway. Don't think it will happen as FOM/FIA need FOTA as much as the other way around. If it happens then F1 is dead to me, long live formula FOTA .

Not going to the British GP this year, job insecurity meant I didn't risk the ridiculously hight prices. Bit of a shame but I got free tickets to the Renault World series in a couple of weeks so I still get a Silverstone fix. I'm sure the megané race will be better than the F1 Smiley  Actually it probably will.

Ron Burgundy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 14:34:24 »

The breakaway group is ver interesting. From what I read ticket prices etc will be cheaper as there will not be an FIA and Eccelstone absorbing all the cash.

If they do break away next season's F1 will be rubbish. The best team will be Williams.

I can't see it happening though as FIA will have to back down, they surely cant see the top teams walk away. F1 will become the Championship version of the breakaway teams Premiership.

I used to go to Silverstone ever year until the prices got too high. I was paying £180 a ticket for a seat on the straight until they put them up further, i just couldn't justify those prices for one race. Would be first back there if the prices were reduced.

Button for the win tomorrow!

"I'm kinda a big deal"
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 14:53:24 »

How many times have we been here recently?

There will only be one Formula 1 championship next year, though it might have a new name if FOTA do break away. - there is no way Formula 1 can continue with the FOTA teams. But as I said we've been here many times before.

I doubt FOTA will go through with it, they use it as a negotiation tactic and nothing more. There again, maybe they have been pushed too far this time and they will - I think it would be a positive step to get rid of Ecclestone and the FIA who seem intent on the destruction of Formula 1.

One difference this time though is that there are a lot of teams standing by with plans of some form to enter Formula 1 (following the recent expansion applications). So in theory there are 20+ teams ready to go next year.
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 15:09:10 »

I'm sure the megané race will be better than the F1 Smiley  Actually it probably will.

The Megane has a metal roof = definately will be a better race.

What other championships are in the Renault World series? Formula Renault - the one Raikonen won by a country mile in about 99? Do they do the full GP circuit or the National/International? Sorry to go completely off topic but I'm intrigued.

On topic, however, I really can't see the FIA allowing that number of big name teams to leave the Championship. I think there will be a comprimise on the rules before too long. Seems like the FIA were trying to call the teams' bluff to get what they wanted, but now they can see they're serious I think they'll back down.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 15:15:05 »

The FIA have just announced they'll be starting legal proceedings against the FOTA teams.

Great way to try and calm things down. Not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 15:18:48 »

The Megane has a metal roof = definately will be a better race.

What other championships are in the Renault World series? Formula Renault - the one Raikonen won by a country mile in about 99? Do they do the full GP circuit or the National/International? Sorry to go completely off topic but I'm intrigued.

Renault world series is a lot of different races, with different types of car in each. I think you are thinking of Formula Renault .

http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.com/silverstone/en/home.html#/programme

Sorry but I haven't a clue on #l aps, how much of the track is used, etc, , ask me again in a few weeks!

The free tickets weren't a perk, they are always free. Something for nothing, amazing!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 15:20:30 »

The FIA have just announced they'll be starting legal proceedings against the FOTA teams.

Great way to try and calm things down. Not.

Interesting,  good move by the FIA - if they can tie up FOTA in legals for a long time then there will be no FOTA breakaway in 2010.  Sadly.
Ron Burgundy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 15:22:21 »

FIA know that F1 = Ferrari and everyone will follow what ever Ferrari do. If FIA can win the legal argument Ferrari will have to stay so the rest of FOTA will follow. Thats why I reckon they have done it

"I'm kinda a big deal"
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 15:29:49 »

Looks quality - sounds like it could be the full circuit judging by laps and time per race.

The Clio Cup is awesome, proper close racing, used to be my favourite support race at the touring cars, Meganes look quality too. Yeah, Formula Renault UK is what Raikonen won shortly before his F1 career started.

Not bad for free!

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 16:26:33 »

I have my four (free) tickets going if you want them KR. Can't make it now.

Just heard an interview with Ecclestone on Five Live. He truly is a cunt of the highest order. A bigger cunt than that Ronaldo fella IMO......
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 16:45:36 »

The FIA have ruined F1 really. Total joke in recent years. I wouldn't mind actually seeing a breakaway championship just to piss them off.

As for this weekend isn't it a bit earlier than normal for the British GP? At least the forecast is good I guess. Would be nice to see Button win it and that will make 2 British winners in 2 years.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 17:28:42 »

I reckon it will be Button 1st, Vettel 2nd, Rubens 3rd

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 17:44:26 »

FIA are delaying their entry list for 2010. Looks like there is more talking to be done.
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 20:47:46 »

I cant see the breakaway championship being anything more than a threat.

I hope it isn't as it ruined american single seater racing for a few years while they had  the CART / Indy Car years.

I cant see the manufacturers really wanting to go to the effort of organising a new championship esp as they would then have to commit to it for several years.  Also i expect a lot of the established / better tracks have some kind of exclusive contract with F1 / Ecclestone
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 23:35:46 »

I think this will be one of only 4 gps button doesn't win.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: