Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bad miss or unlucky  (Read 7046 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 18:08:15 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8102154.stm

Fifa said in a statement: "A thorough analysis revealed that the decision in question was achieved through teamwork between the match referee and his assistant referee number-one Mike Mullarkey, who confirmed the offence to the referee from his clear viewing angle."

so these clowns who can't see people offside can spot a hand ball from the halfway line, assuming he's the fellow on brazil's leftback, if it was the other lino the world has gone mad

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 20:16:57 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8102154.stm

Fifa said in a statement: "A thorough analysis revealed that the decision in question was achieved through teamwork between the match referee and his assistant referee number-one Mike Mullarkey, who confirmed the offence to the referee from his clear viewing angle."

so these clowns who can't see people offside can spot a hand ball from the halfway line, assuming he's the fellow on brazil's leftback, if it was the other lino the world has gone mad
I agree. How dare they come to the correct decision!
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 20:27:18 »

Agree about the Egyptians. Unbelievable.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 06:46:22 »

I agree. How dare they come to the correct decision!

at the risk of a mahooosive bite- yes, correct decision. wrong way of doing it, or atleast wrong way according to the lack of tv replays and using the technology available

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 11:36:30 »

at the risk of a mahooosive bite- yes, correct decision. wrong way of doing it, or atleast wrong way according to the lack of tv replays and using the technology available
I'm not sure how they came to it to be honest. But look at it this way, if the ref's got an obstructed view of the incident, and one of the linesman can see clearly that the ball never reaches the height of the defenders head, even if he doesn't know what it hit the fact the defender goes down holding his face is a dead giveaway that he handled it!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 18:00:32 »

one lino's got to look through some posts and players by the would be egyptian leftbacks corner flag and the other is on the halfway line and presumably with players obscuring his view

it doesn't affect me, it just strikes me as very weird they're claiming it wasn't the fourth official

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: