Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Futsol  (Read 3193 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 10:27:34 »

Got told i have a long wait for my knee ops so going to start playing again soon. Anyone know much about the futsol in swindon
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:06:46 »

I dont know what it is,what is it?

/
W56196272
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:07:47 »

Glorified 5-a-side
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:10:47 »

whats the glorification bit?

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:13:36 »

But not even that glorified. I don't like the idea of the game stopping for throw ins or whatever you get when the ball goes out (and the clock stopping)..

The Swindon facilities are meant to be good though.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:13:49 »

http://www.futsaluk.net/thegame.html

fuck all evidently
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:14:14 »

Isn't it indoor football?

You should play some TEF/L&P outdoor 5 a side DRS. The only problem is that the standard is very high, you might struggle.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:14:46 »

Isn't it on a smaller pitch, with smaller goals and a flat football?

Doesn't sound very glorified to me. Although at the one in Kembrey Park i think you can watch your goals back on a tv afterwards. Which is better than up the Oasis, granted...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:15:56 »

It's a smaller, heavier ball which is supposed to put more focus on touch & technique.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:22:09 »

its football with a flat size 4 that doesnt bounce as far as im aware.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:24:33 »

The passage below is taken from the Adver when this started up.  After reading the bold bit, I damn near spat my tea out, and then reported Mr Rodriguez to the police for his unprovoked, verbal assault on the English language.

It is reported to be the world’s fastest growing indoor sport with more than 30 million players worldwide.

In Swindon there is a full-size and training pitch with hi-tech flooring, electronic scoreboard and live video.

There is also a cafe and bar and an interactive learning and conference centre.

Managing director Frank Rodriguez said: “Futsal is a lifestyle experience catering for multi gender and age groups. Customers can expect a state-of-the-art arena with modern facilities.

“The facilities will be used free of charge by local schools and colleges during weekends. It will also offer an interactive learning centre for players, coaches, teams and Futsal development in general.”
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:24:42 »

It's a smaller, heavier ball which is supposed to put more focus on touch & technique.

Wouldnt a heavier ball be easier to control?

In my day it were all laces and dubbin...

Clems Army!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:34:12 »

I thought it was gonna be Wheel Chair football..

/
W56196272
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:34:48 »

The passage below is taken from the Adver when this started up.  After reading the bold bit, I damn near spat my tea out, and then reported Mr Rodriguez to the police for his unprovoked, verbal assault on the English language.

It is reported to be the world’s fastest growing indoor sport with more than 30 million players worldwide.

In Swindon there is a full-size and training pitch with hi-tech flooring, electronic scoreboard and live video.

There is also a cafe and bar and an interactive learning and conference centre.

Managing director Frank Rodriguez said: “Futsal is a lifestyle experience catering for multi gender and age groups. Customers can expect a state-of-the-art arena with modern facilities.

“The facilities will be used free of charge by local schools and colleges during weekends. It will also offer an interactive learning centre for players, coaches, teams and Futsal development in general.”

I was going to say it's gay 5 a side ! Not so generous either offering facilities free to schools and colleges at a time when they cannot sell the facilities otherwise and everyone interested is either out watching or playing proper football anyway. Now if they offered free facilities between 5pm and 10pm on weekdays then that would be generous !
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:59:30 »

Dont think i will bother
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: