Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 18:22:17 »

Look like astros to me.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 18:26:20 »

Too be honest, regarding the penalties that werent given, its odd to have so many not go your way, but you could give a good argument against all of them. Even the "blatant handballs" could be argued that they were not deliberate. General rule of themb is if the players back is to the ball it cant be deliberate hand ball, and Pique's one, I think he had his arm out before the ball was kicked towards him. The one that Chelski got a free kick on the edge of the box was correct, initial foul was outside the box, and the other two shouts could also go either way. Drogba reputation for going down easier than a cheap hooker probably didnt help matters.

At the end of the Day, I can understand why Chelski are so angry, I would be if so many decisions went against my team, but if they went the other way, the defending team would be right to be pissed off.

Again STA talks sense.  I can see why the ref didn't give any of the pens, his worst decision was to send of the Barcelona player for being fouled and Anelka kicking himself.  And yet people say the ref was biased against Chelsea!  The bottom line is, as has been mentioned, if Drogba was good enough at his job, Chelsea win.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
adje

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 18:37:16 »

Drogba makes a living out of cheating refs-payback time.He is a detestable fucker aint he?For me only the handball in the Anelka incident was a penalty and Chelsea deserve to go out for being too cautious when Barse went down to 10-why did they sit back and then take Anelka off?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 18:40:24 »

The bottom line is, as has been mentioned, if Drogba was good enough at his job, Chelsea win.

Maybe when he said "fucking disgrace" he was actually talking about the quality of his performance and finishing.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 19:27:51 »

Blues captain John Terry, who also strongly remonstrated with Ovrebo, defended the reactions of the Chelsea players and Drogba in particular.

"I am fully behind Didier for the way he reacted," declared Terry. "The man wants to win. You can see the passion that he played with during the game and the passion afterwards.

Does anyone think the england captain is showing a good example to the youngsters of today?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8038326.stm

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Doore

« Reply #80 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 19:32:27 »

Very few top footballers set a good example.  I can probably count on one hand the players I would be happy for my (as of yet non-existent) kids to model themselves on.  Scholes perhaps. 
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 19:43:58 »

Tinpot. Lets bomb Norway.
please don't

Rich Pullen

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 19:46:15 »

please don't

It's out of my hands.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 20:37:56 »

Very few top footballers set a good example.  I can probably count on one hand the players I would be happy for my (as of yet non-existent) kids to model themselves on.  Scholes perhaps. 

If you want ginger kids, I'll do your missus.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 21:28:44 »

Does anyone think the england captain is showing a good example to the youngsters of today?

In an ideal world the England captain would be held to account and expected to behave in a manner becoming the position that he holds. Unfortunately that ship sailed a long, long time ago and I can't see anything changing in the near future to make it a requirement, let alone it being enforced.

For me, those comments warrant the FA giving Terry an option to retract them and apologise, or to lose the captain's armband. Its just not acceptable behaviour from someone who should be setting an example. Not going to happen though as the FA had their testicles surgically removed a long time ago and are only concerned with winning games and tournaments.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 21:32:04 »

It isn't passion Drogba was showing, it was just him being a total dick.

This makes me hate Terry further, he should just keep his mouth shut.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 21:34:40 »

Oh come on Terry is marginally more eloquent than Rio and both have the IQ of plankton. Terry hasn't got a fucking clue when it comes to PR - despite having a massive machine behind him to stop him fucking up he's got the brain of a rocking horse.
As for Drogba the penatly incident was fantastic. Which incident are the new found Chelski fans wound up about - when Toure won the ball and he went down like a sack of spuds or when he realised he wasn't getting a penalty and threw himself to the floor like a 2 year old who was told they weren't getting a packet of sweets. Pure comic genius.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:25:48 »

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:30:29 »

looking at that i'd say it's 1-1 on dodgey decisions, the only penalty i'd have said could've been given is etoo's handball, even though his back was turned- a trademark terry charge down though.

also given barca should've had a penalty in the first leg i am even more happy it's not chelsea in the final

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:35:52 »

First time i've seen that lot. None of them a pen except Pique's handball, which I'd have probably given.

The second appeal was a solid tackle on Drogba, great defending.

Chelsea are a bunch of whiny cunts.

Is there youtube of Essien and Iniestas goals?
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 22:39:38 by oxford_fan » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: