Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78170 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 09:01:10 »

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516&sty=2&act=1&mid=2126182609

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 09:05:40 »

3.5 m christ they can have the whole squad for that amount of money and the Don Rogers Stand!!!!!! Cheesy
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 09:20:09 »

Kevin Davies went for 7 million a few years ago & dean Ashton for £3,000,000 & neither are as good as Cox.

I'm sorry, Dean Ashton not as good as Cox?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 09:22:05 »

I'm sorry, Dean Ashton not as good as Cox?

I would also argue that Kevin Davies has scored pretty consistently in the Premiership as well. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 09:39:29 »

Yes, in my opinion Cox is better than both at this stage in his career

From the Dark Side
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 09:43:26 »

Ashton was the same age as Cox is now when he left Crewe I believe, so he had already scored 20 goals in one Championship season, played for England and every level up to and including U21 and scored at least twice.

Cox is brilliant and everything, but don't you think your jumping the shark a little?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 09:47:11 »

Kevin Davies went for 7 million a few years ago & dean Ashton for £3,000,000 & neither are as good as Cox.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 13:30:00 »

I'd be happy with £3.5m for Coxy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 14:03:30 »

We are win, win,win with Coxy. Firstly we might keep him and build a half decent team round him, with the off chance he'll score 30 again and get us up near the top. Secondly we could sell and pay Reading their estimated 40%, this in the long run might pave the way for an agreement with them that we get their young players who might not make their first team, get them cheap and showcase them as with coxy and sell on at a large profit for both, Or do a deal with mainly players in exchange with some cash so the percentage of money we pay reading decreases and we get the equivalent value in young talent. We cant lose, it's all good i reckon.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 14:11:28 »

The money seems a bit OTT but the club is a possibility given the ones who have been watching him (such as Middlesborough, West Brom and Villa).  Do we charge Corporate rates for the scouts, because if we do, we'd have made a decent return in the past few months of the season in that area of the ground.
EB1

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 15:06:56 »

We are win, win,win with Coxy. Firstly we might keep him and build a half decent team round him, with the off chance he'll score 30 again and get us up near the top. Secondly we could sell and pay Reading their estimated 40%, this in the long run might pave the way for an agreement with them that we get their young players who might not make their first team, get them cheap and showcase them as with coxy and sell on at a large profit for both, Or do a deal with mainly players in exchange with some cash so the percentage of money we pay reading decreases and we get the equivalent value in young talent. We cant lose, it's all good i reckon.

I am hoping that in a couple of seasons time we will be competing with Reading  in the same division (championship) and that they will be looking at the potential of our young players. 

Are my expectations too high?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 15:23:03 »

Who knows, that might happen in 5 years, until then, might be worth looking at that as a source of useful players.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 15:48:04 »

Who knows, that might happen in 5 years, until then, might be worth looking at that as a source of useful players.

It pains me to agree, but I do.

Readings youth system seems to be strong at the moment, they had quite a few out on loan to L1 & L2 clubs most of whom did alright.

We should follow their scouts to Ireland as well. They've done some great business bringing paddys over like the Hunt bros & Doyle.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 16:26:38 »

It pains me to agree, but I do.

Readings youth system seems to be strong at the moment, they had quite a few out on loan to L1 & L2 clubs most of whom did alright.

We should follow their scouts to Ireland as well. They've done some great business bringing paddys over like the Hunt bros & Doyle.

Good points here, Reading's youth system is shit hot, as much as I hate to say it, Reading have gotten to the prem etc (and back down) but have had a steady flow of decent players. A lot of them coming from non league etc, they have a decent scouting network and have unearthed a few gems. HRK was great for us as was Cox, Who knows if Cox goes and Lita is still at reading that former City cunt may come to us on loan for a game??? Could do worse (and a lot better). Reading can see us as a club that genuinly will help bring players along etc.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 16:34:36 »

Reading are reaping the rewards of the Madejski-led revolution in their off the field activities during the mid 1990s.  Everything, including the quality of their scouting network, flows from that.

We've just got to hope that, ultimately, Andrew Fitton gets us to the same place - just without the soulless out of town stadium on a pub-free retail park.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: