Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Almunia 4 England?  (Read 9499 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 22:38:08 »

Don't be so fucking stupid!

That is all!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 22:40:25 »

Cudicini also qualifies. There is no doubt James is a liability but there's not a lot comiing through. the problem is that they're all inconsistent. Almunia is OK but I'd prefer an Englishman. SAying that I prefer Capello to any English manager.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 22:57:46 »

so why shouldn't we?

exactly, he's potentially better than whatever is out there fuck it!

the italians have opted to take camorenesi even though he's argentinian etc...we could continue with the moral high ground but i'd rather short term success

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 23:34:25 »

No. He's a fucking johnny. End of.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 09:49:00 »

Poor keeper, if he was born in England he still wouldn't be good enough to play for England.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 11:04:54 »

Must admit that I've never thought Almunia was that good. But he's definitely getting better and must be doing something right to be the Arsenal keeper. Plus he's better than the other options and has a good record at saving penalties (this on its own should be enough to get him the job).

I just think it should be judged on ability, rather than us getting on the proverbial English high horse again.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 13:26:33 »

I just think it should be judged on ability, rather than us getting on the proverbial English high horse again.

Well in that case, why don't you just scrap all international football competitions?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 14:11:04 »

Well in that case, why don't you just scrap all international football competitions?

Obviously I meant the ability of players that qualify to play for England based on the rules, rather than using the extended criteria (English blood, morals, attitude, way of life, etc etc) that some (most) people want to apply.

Plus its fucking hypocritical when we've got an Italian manager with absolutely no ties to England.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 14:13:59 »

No it's not. Capello manages the team. The team play the game. They should be made up of Englishmen. Too many foreigners already wearing the shirt as stands.

You might as well scrap all international football if you go down the route allowing foreigners "who qualify under the rules" to play.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 15:15:54 »

You might as well scrap all international football if you go down the route allowing foreigners "who qualify under the rules" to play.

You mean like we did with Owen Hargreaves and John Barnes?
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 15:43:29 »

yes, neither should have played.

flammableBen

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 15:48:06 »

I think you should just be able to choose.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 18:41:59 »

if a player is eligible to play and improves the team, then they should be used.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 19:11:29 »

if a player is eligible to play and improves the team, then they should be used.

Surely that just defeats the purpose of having national teams?

You might as well just select one of Liverpool/Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea etc to represent "England" in the next world cup.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 19:14:29 »

But where's the cut off point? If somebody moves to England at the age of 1, should they qualify to play for England? Are they any more English than say a 30-year old who moved to England at the age of 17?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: